We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

9 days in europe

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
9 posts
Save Topic
9 days in europe

hi there fellow travelers!

We'd like to get your opinions on whether the below europe tour is possible in the span of 9 days:

munich - amsterdam -belgium -paris - switzerland - italy - austria - germany....

Can anyone suggest an itinerary?

We had a great vacation last year on maldives and sri lanka bec of all the suggestions we got from you guys. We hope you can help us again this time to have a fun trip!

Thank you in advance for any response!

-rikuna

Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
Level Contributor
13,973 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 9 days in europe

This all in 9 days????

Are you joking or do you believe Europe is of similar size as Abu Dhabi?

Quebec City
Level Contributor
619 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 9 days in europe

Like Altamiro said above, this is WAY too much for 9 days! You have already 8 destinations listed, so unless you can teleport yourself, you would have less than a few hours in each place (not to mention that some of these are entire countries! 9 days wouldn't even be enough to cover Germany alone.)

Even those who like to see a lot and not stay too long in one place usually allow at least 2 or 3 days per major city. An itinerary like what you are suggesting, I wouldn't do in less than three weeks. I think you should rethink which are your top priorities in your 9 days. Decide what you absolutely cannot miss, see what are the distances between these places, decide how you'll be traveling in between (plane-train-car?) and how much traveling time is required to travel from each city to the next.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
9 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 9 days in europe

Thanks for the response.

Well these are the countries we wouldn't want to miss and we wanted just a little bit of every place. We don't plan on touring the whole country/city.

Munich - Amsterdam -Paris - Switzerland - italy

How about that?

Frankfurt
Level Contributor
543 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 9 days in europe

Still way too much. You can probably do Amaterdam, Paris (travel between the two by train) and either Munich or one place in Italy, Switzerland. Might need to fly for the third destination. Anything else is a waste of time.

Choose 1 region and then spend 9 days there. By region I mean

- Switzerland

- north of Italy

- South of Germany

- Paris, Amsterdam plus one or two things in between

That would be more than enough.

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
18,802 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 9 days in europe

you could probably see all those airports in 9 days.

We're planning 6 in Berlin as part of a 5 week trip to Germany and I know we'll never get anywhere near to seeing what's on our list.

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,067 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 9 days in europe

There is no possible itinerary anyone can suggest to fit your plan. You should buy a train pass and prepare to see these places as they whiz by, as you will not have time to stop and visit.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Stuttgart, Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
14,871 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 9 days in europe

Perhaps take one of those whirlwind bus trips of the type Tuesday it must be Belgium. You might be able to see a few places while spending most of the time on the road, and you won't personally have to deal with transportation and hotel issues.

Quebec City
Level Contributor
619 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 9 days in europe

<<Well these are the countries we wouldn't want to miss and we wanted just a little bit of every place.

I understand wanting to see a lot of places, but 9 days is really just too short, unless "a little bit of every place" means you are comfortable spending most of your time traveling and only spending a few hours in each. It is your vacation, and you are of course the one who gets to decide what you'll do in the end, but you have asked for advice, and unfortunately the advice we can all give you is either A- have a longer trip (which is probably not an option) or B- narrow your choices.

You still haven't told us how you would want to travel between these destinations? Just for information purposes, a train from Munich to Paris would be between 6 and 8.5 hours. Your destinations are not close to each other (Except Munich, Switzerland, Italy, which could be do-able, I guess.) You could save some time by taking a plane, but then you'd still be spending a lot of your trip in airports (Paris, Amsterdam, Munich, Switzerland, Italy...) These five destinations, in 9 days, means that you would be traveling every other day, leaving you at best 1.5 days in each place.

Marcopolo is also right, you might want to consider looking into some of the bus tours, that cover a LOT of places in a short time (therefore getting called "It's Tuesday so this must be Belgium" trips) for example: trafalgar.com/glimpse-of-europe-begins-amste…

Notice that this trip is called "glimpse" of Europe. Because IMHO, glimpses are all you will get, unfortunately. It doesn't mean you won't enjoy yourself, and then return home and tell all your friends how wrong we were to tell you it couldn't be done. But it is not what I would recommend.

Bautzen, Germany
Level Contributor
814 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: 9 days in europe

As already said: you want to do way to much in just a few days. It simply isn't possible. How about this itinerary instead:

Munich - Salzburg - Dolomites - Venice

This route would cover approx. 60-70% of what you're trying to see. In and around Munich you can enjoy the stereotype of Germany, Salzburg is not far away, so you have seen Austria too, the Dolomites are next, which will offer you what you are probably want to see in Switzerland (I like the Dolomites much more than the Swiss Alps), and finally Venice, so you have seen Italy too. Instead of the Dolomites and Venice you could also see Lake Garda and Verona, which is less touristy than Venice.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
9 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: 9 days in europe

Again, I'd like to thank everyone for taking time to reply and giving out their humble opinions. Really appreciate them. So now, we've narrowed down our choices(as Barbanellie has mentioned) to 4 as our initial plan wasn't do-able as everyone has suggested.

Munich - Switzerland - italy - Paris

To give you more info of our plan:

Munich - We just wanted to try out the beers there :)

Switzerland (just wanted to see the Jungfrau Swiss Alps)

Italy - probably Venice / Milan

Paris - Disneyland, Moulin Rouge, Eiffel tower

From Munich to Switzerland- by Plane

Switzerland to Italy- Train

Italy to Paris - Train

MartinN2807's suggestion is also an option bec. they're almost the same as above.

So are the above now possible?

By the way, I'm not sure if it's worth mentioning, but we have 10 days valid visa. We're flying from Dubai, and Dubai - Munich flight duration is more than 5 hours. Same goes with Paris - Dubai.

Thanks much!

Rikuna