We are very excited to be visiting the BF this October for 3 nights. The main purpose is to visit the birthplaces of our ancestors who were from Sulz am Neckar /Hopfau /Oberiflingen /Schopfloch circa 1590-1850.
We will rent a car and will drive up from Basel on a Sunday and have to be in Zurich on Wednesday.
Would appreciate advice on our Tentative plan - open to any additions, corrections or other suggestions to help round it out-
Sunday - leave Basel late morning and drive to Schiltach. (good 'old village' atmosphere?) Overnight in Schiltach
Monday - visit open-air museum near Gutach in morning and then drive to Sulz area and stay Overnight (thinking of Glatt, across from the castle)
Tuesday - go to churches in Oberifligen & Schopfloch to retreive family church records (this is the only day those church offices are open). Visit the moated castle in Glatt in afternoon. Overnight Glatt
Wednesday - leave Glatt early to drive to Zurich, need to be at airport by 10:30AM
1. Any suggestions on what we should stop to see between Basel and Schiltach? Is it Safe to leave luggage in car (probably station wagon) while sightseeing or better to head right to accomodation in Schiltach and then head out for an excursion in afternoon?
2. Any suggested things to explore on way from Schiltach to Sulz am Neckar?
3. Will we need GPS or will good map and detailed driving instructions printed from inet be enough?
4. Where might we find farmer's markets at which to stop?
5. How much time do we need to allow to drive from Sulz to Zurich airport on a Wednesday morning?
Thanks in advance for any help.