We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is the best way to get to Neushwanstein castle from mun

Level Contributor
86 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
What is the best way to get to Neushwanstein castle from mun

I will habe the eurail pass. Will be there this october. I have a limitd time in munich. Thaks for your suggestions. :)

Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
Level Contributor
13,974 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What is the best way to get to Neushwanstein castle from mun

Do mot buy an Eurail Pass. This is a very bad idea for most itineraries.

Otherwise, there is no "best" way, o ky the way that suits you. You can take the train to Füssen and connecting bus, you can rent a car, you can join a guided tour...

Level Contributor
86 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What is the best way to get to Neushwanstein castle from mun

Ok, its my first time in europe so its kind of overwhelming to plan everything. Espeically trains.

Edited: 06 August 2012, 13:37
greeley, CO
Level Contributor
2,719 posts
466 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What is the best way to get to Neushwanstein castle from mun

If you are nervous about your ability to make the trip to Neuschwanstein, then take a tour out of Munich.

Otherwise, take a train to Fussen and the bus to the castle. (it really isn't hard to do)

Go to Bahn.de and put in your start and finish points to get an idea of how long the trip will take and where you have to change trains. The times to change trains may seem short to you, but believe me, there is plenty of time.

San Jose, California
Destination Expert
for California
Level Contributor
16,152 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What is the best way to get to Neushwanstein castle from mun

Yep - trains in Germany are very easy to use. They have regular schedules, run on time, signage is good...

http://www.bahn.de/i/view/USA/en/index.shtml - will have all the info you need about routings - same site recommended by bigtyke, just with English already selected.

And rail passes really only work out well if you are taking a lot of trains over long distances.

Level Contributor
86 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What is the best way to get to Neushwanstein castle from mun

Thanks for the feedback!!

Plattsmouth Ne
Level Contributor
341 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What is the best way to get to Neushwanstein castle from mun

Mike didn't say how long he will be in Germany or where else he might be traveling during his trip. If his rail pass is practical for other phases of his trip, it might not be a bad idea to just use it for Füssen as well. Also, though much more expensive than local short trip tickets, a rail pass can spare the inexperienced, non German speaking traveler some of the stress, confusion, and mistakes possible when dealing with an unfamiliar system no matter how easy it is untill one gets the knack.

Miener Meinung nach.

Level Contributor
86 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What is the best way to get to Neushwanstein castle from mun

I will,only be in germany,for 2 days one of those I want to visit the castles.

8. Re: What is the best way to get to Neushwanstein castle from mun

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2013, 15:17