We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Concert at O2 World Berlin - advice greatly appreciated.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Concert at O2 World Berlin - advice greatly appreciated.

Hello everyone. First, a little background: I live in Ontario, Canada, and this past weekend made a rather rash (at the time, of course, it felt wonderfully adventurous), late night decision to buy tickets for Peter Gabriel’s May 9th, 2012 concert at O2 World Berlin. I’d had no plans to visit Berlin this year, but having missed his Canadian dates for the current New Blood Orchestra tour, and being a strong proponent of diving into potentially exciting things (even when those things are somewhat ill-advised), I thought I should take advantage of the opportunity, as difficult as the logistics seem to be. This time I may have gone too far.

Fast forward to Monday morning, where I’m feeling nervous and a bit foolish. As much as I think that such experiences are worth taking on (especially in this case, I turn 40 this year and the tickets were meant as a present to myself), what I’m most concerned about is that I don’t end up being disappointed by the most important part of this potential adventure: the seating. We (my good friend and I) don’t have high standards, but obviously feel that taking a 12 hour flight each way, and the investment of time and money that it would entail, isn’t worth it if we end up with zero visibility and being overly uncomfortable (the concert itself will be spectacular, of course – of this I have no doubt).

With all of this in mind, my questions are as follows:

1. The tickets I have were bought through Seatwave, an online ticket selling service. They are for ‘Block A Mitte’, which is the centre front area on the floor. I did not get any seating numbers when I ordered, so far the online confirmation just mentioned ‘Block A Mitte’, nothing else. Can anyone tell me is this is a standing or seated area, and also let me know any other details that might help explain the experience of seeing a show from this area at O2 World Berlin? I did find some information about O2 World London and wondered if it might be the same layout.

2. The friend I’d like to take with me is 5’4”. Will she/we essentially be watching a concert from deep within a redwood forest, in terms of visibility? I’d be so sad if we made all the effort to get there and then found that we couldn’t see the stage at all.

Thank you to anyone who can help out with some advice. I’m aware that my impulsiveness is what got me into this, and that I really should have done more research before committing to buying the tickets, but if I could be relatively assured that the seats are good, I could spend the next few weeks trying to make this work. Otherwise, sadly, I’ll have to start looking into ways of selling the tickets.

Berlin
Level Contributor
174 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Concert at O2 World Berlin - advice greatly appreciated.

It looks as if you are very lucky to have seats right in front of the stage.

The O2 arena has different seating maps according to the respective stage setting and usage (e.g. ice ring). You can download the floorplan here:

o2world-berlin.de/Die_Arena/Saalplaene.htm

"Endbühne mit bestuhltem Innenraum"

We had such tickets last year and they were fantastic. LIfe close-up view on the artists AND 2 large video screens.

To be on the safe side, take some cushions or thick jackets along for your friend to sit on... ;-)

Enjoy your trip and happy birthday!

Edited: 13 March 2012, 01:26
Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Concert at O2 World Berlin - advice greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your prompt and helpful reply, Kaupelei.

It looks like for the Peter Gabriel show the 'A Mitte' section will be a standing area, as opposed to seats? But it's difficult to know for sure. I suppose I might end up having to call the venue.

Regardless, your information sounds promising. If I can work out the logistics, I think I'll try to go to the show.

Thanks again, I appreciate you taking the time to respond.

Berlin
Level Contributor
174 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Concert at O2 World Berlin - advice greatly appreciated.

You're welcome!

I just checked again (click on "Saalplanbuchung" and wait for the floor plan to load http://www.eventim.de/peter-gabriel-tickets-berlin.html?affiliate=GMD&doc=artistPages%2Ftickets&fun=artist&action=tickets&key=506970%241935245&jumpIn=yTix&kuid=496&from=erdetaila)

worldticketshop.de/konzerte/peter_gabriel_ti…

Both links show that there is no standing area on offer at all.

There is ony 1 seat left in bloc B in the arena according to Eventim, whilst World Ticketshop offers a SEAT in bloc A from € 165 upwards.

I'm sure you'll be fine!

Edited: 14 March 2012, 23:49
Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Concert at O2 World Berlin - advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks again, Kaupelei - much appreciated!

5. Re: Concert at O2 World Berlin - advice greatly appreciated.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 14:42