We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luggage

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,366 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Luggage

Was told at the hauptbahnhof enquiries there is no luggage storage. Older threads seem to suggest this is not true but I know things change. I would prefer not to drag my suitcase to Bremen if I can avoid it

Mentioned in this post
Bremen
Bremen
State of Bremen, Germany
9 replies to this topic
SaarLouis, Germany
Level Contributor
461 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Luggage

There are luggage lockers (of course - it is a major train station). Not sure if there is also a manned luggage storage.

UK
Level Contributor
8,454 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Luggage

Who on earth told you that there is no luggage storage? This can only have been a misunderstanding. It is completely inconceivable for a German train station the size of Hamburg not to have luggage lockers.

Mentioned in this post
Hamburg
Hamburg
Germany
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,366 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Luggage

Thanks both.I now know to look and organise the cases beforehand. Was woman at DB enquiries.I questioned her and said "so I have to drag my luggage with me?" She laughed and said yes!

UK
Level Contributor
8,454 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Luggage

I would complain about her. She clearly doesn't know her job.

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
40,317 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Luggage

Guess a misunderstanding.

She meant that you have to drag your luggage with you when traveling by train. Unlike e.g. when traveling by plane. As there are no luggage porters or luggage cars anymore.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,366 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Luggage

No. My first question was Is there luggage storage at this station? The last bit was a throwaway line as I left.

UK
Level Contributor
8,454 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Luggage

Was the conversation in German or in English, and what word did you use? It looks like Hamburg Hbf may not have a manned left luggage place (can't quite tell from the information online), in which case it's possible that she thought that you were only asking about a manned counter. Still, even if that is the case she should have referred you to the lockers - which are plentiful.

Mentioned in this post
Hamburg
Hamburg
Germany
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,366 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Luggage

Definitely English and hers didn't seem too bad.

Anyway thanks all.

Will settle down and search our the lockers

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Level Contributor
113 posts
259 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Luggage

We struggled to find a way to change paper bills into coins for the luggage lockers in Berlin. Be sure to have lots of coins available for the lockers!! (we needed to rent 2 lockers) But it was totally worth it!!

Mentioned in this post
Berlin
Berlin
Germany
Reply to: Luggage
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Hamburg