We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cleaning and service charges

Bathgate, United...
Level Contributor
136 posts
2 reviews
Cleaning and service charges

l was reading a post about charges and went into my booking and found the following. End cleaning 50 euro's and service fee includes vat at 20% 92.40 euro's Can You tell me if these charges are ok Thanks

6 replies to this topic
scotland
Level Contributor
20,388 posts
366 reviews
1. Re: Cleaning and service charges

Its normal that "some rentals" offer a price , then add ons of cleaning and service fees , I'd compare with like for like which include all in charges , you will find its roughly the same , however the 1.99 price does attract you ..

You don't mention what you are booking , townhouse ,villa , Apt , size etc

Bathgate, United...
Level Contributor
136 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Cleaning and service charges

it's a 3 bed appt in Fuengirola

scotland
Level Contributor
20,388 posts
366 reviews
3. Re: Cleaning and service charges

May be okay , I know someone who has a 2 bedroom 2 bathroom in Fuengirola and its 80 € cleaning they charge

Edited: 16 July 2018, 04:14
Hertfordshire...
Level Contributor
1,543 posts
67 reviews
4. Re: Cleaning and service charges

80€ sounds steep to me for a 2 bedroom - sounds as though someone could be making a profit on that.

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
17,855 posts
134 reviews
5. Re: Cleaning and service charges

If the property is licensed/registered (as it should be) ALL the charges MUST be included in the rental rate. A clean before/after a stay is a legal requirement andno further charge can be added.

What is the "Service charge" for? Some of the booking sites charge a service charge but not seen one applied for anything else.

O Savinao, Galicia
Destination Expert
for Galicia
Level Contributor
6,843 posts
9 reviews
6. Re: Cleaning and service charges

IVA (VAT is not set at 20% in Spain.

There are three groups

4%. Is applied to basic necessities, such as bread, milk, fruits and vegetables; as well as the paper versions of books, newspapers and medicines and other pharmaceutical products.

10% Applied to some food products and medical devices, passenger transport, the majority of hospitality services and the construction of new homes.

21%. It is the type that is applied by default when none of the other types is applicable.

If the property is in Spain they have to charge the Spanish rates of VAT. and if they do they must give you a receipt for the work with a Spanish code on on it for the business they run here.The receipt for the money paid will have your full details including name address and some sore of ID number. Something like your passport number. Also is a full breakdown of the amount paid and with a total. Plus the company in Spain address and it's fiscal code.

Your details on the receipt must be the same as that provided to the property owner for registration with the Police. Only legal houses can send that information or have any right to ask you for that information. That information should be guarded as per the privacy laws in Spain.

No sending details via whatsapp or any other phone app.

Reply to: Cleaning and service charges
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted