We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus - Airport to Estepona

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
115 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Bus - Airport to Estepona

I am travelling to Estepona on 25 May arriving Malaga Airport at 11.10 am and will need to be in the Airport at approx. 7 pm for my return flight on 1 June. I'd appreciate if anybody knows if I can get a Direct Bus to Estepona around that time. If not, what other options are there (apart from a taxi). Many thanks for any help or suggestions you can make.

19 replies to this topic
Cheshire UK
Level Contributor
25 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Bus - Airport to Estepona

Hi, Thanks for your quick reply. I will check on July 1st to see if they have pushed it back a bit later !

Otherwise I will look at the other Hoppa Services to get there. The present Euro to pound rate makes everything so expensive taxi wise !

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
115 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Bus - Airport to Estepona

Hi, If you can't get the direct bus, you can also get a bus from the Airport into Marbella Bus Station and a bus from there to Estepona. They run quite regularly - it just means you have to change at Marbella Bus Station and it will take a bit longer. Enjoy your holiday.

Estepona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Estepona
Level Contributor
2,581 posts
569 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Bus - Airport to Estepona

Taxi MUCH too pricey!

Look at the times of buses from Malaga. Catch a train from airport to Malaga, get an Estepona bus there.

Or catch train to Fuengirola, catch Estepona bus there.

Or (this is SLOW), catch train to Fuengirola, catch bus to Marbella from there, and then bus from Marbella to Estepona.

Best wishes

scotland
Level Contributor
15,947 posts
253 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Bus - Airport to Estepona

Or , you can get a Direct bus from the Airport into Marbella Bus Station and a bus from there to Estepona

Estepona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Estepona
Level Contributor
2,581 posts
569 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Bus - Airport to Estepona

Yes, that's true, abspcs, but I never do that because but the bus takes twice or three times as long as the train, and is a LOT less frequent.

You just cross the road from train station to bus station, then have to go inside to the ticket offices to buy ticket BEFORE boarding.

Best wishes

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
115 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Bus - Airport to Estepona

Hi again Tourista-Inglesa, Just read your reply here that you can get the train to Malaga and then the bus to Estepona. In your reply to me on 28 February you suggested the Marbella Express Bus to Marbella Bus Station and then the 79 Bus to Estepona. I'm a bit confused now, perhaps because I'm travelling on 25th May the schedules are different?? Regards

Estepona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Estepona
Level Contributor
2,581 posts
569 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Bus - Airport to Estepona

All these are possible, it depends on the time of your arrival compared with the bus timetables.

Timetable of Marbella express bus from airport, then 79. This is the preferred way because overall fastest, and also you can get off at many points in Estepona. But depends on the arrival time.

https:/…Horario-de-autobuses-de-Marbella.pdf

If you get train to Malaga and bus from Malaga to Estepona, (or if you are lucky with your flight arrival, direct to Estepona from airport) here is the timetable for that bus: This is generally more hassle and slower than the other route

https:/…Horario-de-autobuses-de-Estepona.pdf

https:/…Horario-de-autobuses-de-Estepona.pdf

Two points about these timetables.

1) Look again a day or two before you go to see most up to date timetable. it changes with little notice, although not much usually

2) Make sure that you are reading the right line. Salida desde Aeropuerto = leaving airport

Best wishes

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
115 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Bus - Airport to Estepona

Many thanks for your reply. As you suggest, I will check again closer to departure date. Kind regards

Estepona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Estepona
Level Contributor
2,581 posts
569 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Bus - Airport to Estepona

Good luck!

Reply to: Bus - Airport to Estepona
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Estepona