We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spanish ATC strikes

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
411 posts
Spanish ATC strikes

Spanish air traffic controllers are to resume strike action. Stoppages are expected September 26th and October 3rd between 6am and 6pm.

Carrickfergus...
Level Contributor
159 posts
11 reviews
1. Re: Spanish ATC strikes

we are due to fly out on the 26th,any further information would be greatful

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
14,813 posts
4 reviews
2. Re: Spanish ATC strikes

Please don't worry Sandra, there are basic service levels on strike days (if they happen) which mean that you might get slight delays.

It's always best to keep a close eye on the info given out by your own particular airline; the rush to panic-levels on the Forums these days about such things would probably even shame the Daily Express.

Carrickfergus...
Level Contributor
159 posts
11 reviews
3. Re: Spanish ATC strikes

thank you.will keep an eye on my airline

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
1,697 posts
64 reviews
4. Re: Spanish ATC strikes

Oh no I'm due to fly on the 26th Sep too. Was hoping for a nice stress free run up to our holiday especially with a 2 year old on her first flight. :(

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
6,723 posts
34 reviews
5. Re: Spanish ATC strikes

Clare, read the previous posts, I wouldn't worry too much about it, any delays you might experience will more than likely be negligible as they have to keep (by law) a large percentage of the work force and you're travelling out of the busiest period (July and August) - don't worry, go and have a fab time :)

Just make sure you have enough with you to keep her occupied, or plenty of Calpol !!

Enjoy.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
1,697 posts
64 reviews
6. Re: Spanish ATC strikes

Thanks Cheekiebadger we will do. Nothing I can do about it anyway so not going to worry about it. I did read earlier that for this one they have to have 80% staff level anyway.

Now just got to worry about the weather forecast lol

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
6,723 posts
34 reviews
7. Re: Spanish ATC strikes

Hi clare - that's it, wasn't sure on the percentage but that certainly sounds right :)

Now, stop worrying and enjoy - all will be well !!

UK/Benalmadena
Level Contributor
2,397 posts
4 reviews
8. Re: Spanish ATC strikes

For those travelling on 3rd October, good news .....

https://www.thespainreport.com/articles/202-…

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
17,809 posts
134 reviews
9. Re: Spanish ATC strikes

Excellent news.

10. Re: Spanish ATC strikes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2016, 12:16