We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

las palomas hotel

n,wales
Level Contributor
39 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
las palomas hotel

i was told today the las palomas hotel is closed, anyone know why and for how long it will be closed?

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
14,729 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: las palomas hotel

The website is still taking bookings, so I don't think it is closed. Since its refurb it has concentrated on the conferences market as many delegates like to stay in Carihuela for the restaurants in the evening, so maybe it's fully booked. I know it doesn't do rooms for the tour companies any more (no money in that!).

Chester, England...
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: las palomas hotel

I ahev just returned from la carihuela and the los polomas is closed, my freind who runs a bar near by said it been closed for a while

Ian
Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
11,555 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: las palomas hotel

Always use the internet shop by the Las Palomas car park enterence, people coming and going last week and plenty of balcony doors opened, coaches loading off loading people, looked in business, have to say pople coming off bus's dressed in suits, would support NSG view.

Huddersfield...
Level Contributor
4 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: las palomas hotel

We passed this hotel on the 12th June - IT IS CLOSED!

The guy at the shop at the foot of the hill (Todo A Dos) said there is a meeting ( I assume a creditors meeting) soon. Apparently the hotel received some very bad publicity a while back, when all the staff walked out , after not being paid for weeks/months, and the press got hold of the story, so they are obviously in trouble. I certainly wouldn't be booking there anyway.

It's a shame - stayed there twice in the 80's, when it was owned by the Sol group, and twice in the last couple of years. It's sad to see it end like this.

Ian
Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
11,555 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: las palomas hotel

Yes we have friends that go there two or three times a year, have just passed your note to them as they booked last year for aug and oct half board.

Billericay, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: las palomas hotel

My friend is out there today and there are banners and posters saying SAVE OUR JOBS and NO TO CLOSURE OF LAS PALOMAS HOTEL. I am trying to ascertain whether we should change our booking as we are flying out next week and don't want to turn up to a hotel that is shut.

Ian
Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
11,555 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: las palomas hotel

Our friends booked direct with the hotel and have heard nothing, they are in the fortunate position of only having put down a small deposit when they booked.

Can you keep us updated of any news please.

Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
49 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: las palomas hotel

there has also been a sign on the main doors for a couple of weeks "Hotel Closed" , as well as all the posters Kate has just described, so definitely nobody staying there. There isn't any numbers to contact though, on any of these posters/signs for further information? so sorry - probably not much help to you!?

Huddersfield...
Level Contributor
264 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: las palomas hotel

Ive just been going through sites to find somewhere for oct ,Las Palomas is still coming up on some of them ,what a shame it would have been perfect ...right place right price ,but yes i saw the closed sign the other week when we were there

Billericay, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: las palomas hotel

Thanks for responses. I have been in touch with my tour operator who has called the hotel today. He says they are 'planning to open on 1st July'. That doesn't sound very promising to me but as far as I can see all the major tour companies and travel agents are still taking bookings.

If anyone in the area can see any signs of activity in the hotel ie getting ready for opening up then I would love to know.

Get answers to your questions about Torremolinos