We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shopping Malls

Bangor, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Shopping Malls

Are there any American/British type of malls' in Malaga where you can just wonder around from shop to shop.

Would these places be on the outskirts of the city or central. Lastly is there a particular street in Malaga that would be on par with say' Oxford street,London for shops. Or mebbe like the Ramblas in Barcelona.

2 days to go.

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
5,020 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Shopping Malls

not at all.Thank you. But what is ROI?

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
5,171 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Shopping Malls

Yes, Return On Investment... I use that term so often that sometimes I do forget it is an acronym and not a word.

That was their thought Malagogo. Given that it is seldom too cold to be outdoors here in Malaga, odds were that people would like to be indeed outdoors. For the summer time the line of thought was that people only go to malls after going to the beach during the day, and at those times the advantage of an indoor mall was marginal.

I forgot to mention another obvious advantage of an outdoor mall: it has no air conditioning, which means far less capital investment and far less maintenance costs.

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
16,313 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Shopping Malls

Not boring at all MacP. Nice to know the thinking behind some of the "strange" things that get built. When we know the bigger picture, strange becomes a little clearer.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
5,171 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Shopping Malls

And just to be coherent with myself: I have sometimes here drawn some criticism on Muelle Uno design, and that was that my fellow malagueños would find it far too hot during summer time. That of course also applies to Plaza Mayor, but there is a crucial difference: Plaza Mayor's corridors are exactly that, corridors, which means that you get shadow from the buildings on each side. You don't have that in Muelle Uno.

In fact there is an interesting story about the design of Plaza Mayor: you may notice that buildings seem very high when looked from outside, but not as high when you are inside. The reason is that most buildings are designed with a fake second or even third floor to produce that shadow, for the one hand, and also increase the volume of the set and avoid a "flat" image, for the other hand.

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
14,729 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Shopping Malls

< you may notice that buildings seem very high when looked from outside, but not as high when you are inside >

Aha! Thank you......I've often wondered why the buildings at Plaza Mayor seem 'smaller' when you're actually there compared to how they look from the train!

As Mantalk says, once you know about 'strange' it stops being strange.

16. Re: Shopping Malls

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 June 2014, 14:19