We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gibraltar for 12 Euros?????

w.mids
Level Contributor
1,397 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Gibraltar for 12 Euros?????

Hi everyone,

We are staying at RIU COSTA LAGO in October and plan to visit GIB as we have many times before but not since 2006.Someone has mentioned a shopping trip to GIB for only 12 Euros but hasnt replied to my request for details.

Does anyone else know of this please?????

Andy B

West Midlands...
Level Contributor
2,697 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gibraltar for 12 Euros?????

Andy if you book via Rubens they charge €11.90, and you can travel 6days a week...also I have seen various travel agencies charging around €12-13..

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
16,921 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gibraltar for 12 Euros?????

The 15 to 16€ trip is more of an express trip.

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
14,732 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gibraltar for 12 Euros?????

€12 is par for a shopping only trip. Expect a LOT of pickups along the way, as Mantalk says you can pay an extra €4 and at least miss out having to stop/start along Avenida Antonio Machado at Benalmádena Costa and all the people that get on there (best part of an hour, and NONE of them hablar Español) - the express trips from Torremolinos don't do any extra pick-ups after the Pez Espada until Estepona.

Apart from that, what on earth are you going to Gib. to shop for?

Walk up to La Colina train station (it's about ten minutes at the most) and go in to Málaga city (20 min train journey). Much more fun.

Mentioned in this post
Torremolinos
Torremolinos
Costa del Sol, Spain
Estepona
Estepona
Costa del Sol, Spain
London, United...
Level Contributor
1,761 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gibraltar for 12 Euros?????

I agree with NSG, much better shopping in Malaga.

Unless you are going to Gibralter for something other than shopping it's not worth it. It's a bit of a dump to be honest. Going up the top is fun though and I really enjoyed the siege tunnels the last time I was there.

West Midlands...
Level Contributor
2,697 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gibraltar for 12 Euros?????

Also for shopping Playa Mayor a few stops on the train from Arroyo, is worth a visit..x

Mentioned in this post
Marbella Playa Hotel
Marbella Playa Hotel
1,173 Reviews
Marbella, Spain
w.mids
Level Contributor
1,397 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gibraltar for 12 Euros?????

Hi,thanks for your advice,the express trip sounds better than the slower option.Where would we book it in October please??

Cheers

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
16,921 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Gibraltar for 12 Euros?????

Any of the local travel agents should be able to help. I agree with the above re:Gib, not the best place in the world. But worth a trip once, if you`ve never been.

Personally, I think the shopping is overrated, but St Michaels caves, and the siege tunnels make the trip worthwhile (once). If you soke the trip will pay for itself, but remember its 200 cigs and 1 litre spirits.

8. Re: Gibraltar for 12 Euros?????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 June 2014, 12:18