We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riu Nautilas

Bangor, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Riu Nautilas

Whilst exploring the Bendelamena and La Carihuila area I eventually found Toms Tavern and a nice litlle pub it is with generous sized helping od Jack D's.

Across the road was a very smart and ultra switch hotel the Nautilas. I ventured into this hotel and found it immaculate in every respect. In fact when I visit this area again this is the hotel I will be staying.

I found the Paseo Maritimo around the Sol Principe, Isabel hotels to be very quiet, almost dead in fact. I spent some time in the Chiringuitos during the day and tried all the things I had missed in the past, like Sardinas Chirizo Malagueno etc and eventually a Paiella.

But for me the La Carihuila and Bendalmena street along the sea front was heaving with peoplke and music. A real holiday feel about the place. The Paseo has become in my opinion very Spanish....and why not it is there country......but so quiet.

Calle San Miguel was fun and it was great to go back to the Colonia bar and enjoy a 2 litre beer glass and watch the world go by. There is even a little Christian Church on the Calle Gregoria Menamon, so I gave them some cash for there food bank aid.

After 14 years of burning on Greek and Spanish beaches this year I used Riemann P20 lotion and have a great tan and no burning....just a thought.

I booked through Alpharooms and had no problems at all. Once agin thanks to other members and the mods for making it a great holiday. Adios Muchachas

Mentioned in this post
Sol Principe by Melia
Sol Principe by Melia
3,749 Reviews
Torremolinos, Spain
Hotel Isabel
Hotel Isabel
826 Reviews
Torremolinos, Spain
Calle San Miguel
Calle San Miguel
1,810 Reviews
Torremolinos, Spain
Hotel La Luna Blanca
Hotel La Luna Blanca
#1 of 70 hotels in Torremolinos
Hotel Tarik
Hotel Tarik
#2 of 70 hotels in Torremolinos
Melia Costa del Sol
Melia Costa del Sol
#5 of 70 hotels in Torremolinos
Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
13,990 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Riu Nautilas

Hey again

That's excellent news, sounds like you really embraced the local areas and got about a fair bit and got to enjoy the kind of atmosphere that makes people want to keep coming back :)

What a great trip report - and thanks for taking the time to share.

CB

Ian
Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
11,811 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Riu Nautilas

Certainly no problems with the Riu nautilas, is an adults hotel, we use when our normal choice closed for the winter months.

Glad you enjoyed your trip, since 2000, Torremolinos has returned to its Spanish roots, thankfully, hopefully in another ten years will be in the Carihuela area, the place I fell in love with 50 years ago. We Brits tried to destroy it in the 60/70's, thankfully we failed.

Mentioned in this post
Torremolinos
Torremolinos
Costa del Sol, Spain
3. Re: Riu Nautilas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 June 2014, 13:20