We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zaragoza to Haro By Car

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
69 posts
550 reviews
Save Topic
Zaragoza to Haro By Car

In mid May my wife and I will be on a 17 day driving tour in the northern Spain. One driving journey will be from Zaragoza to Haro. Does anyone have a recommendation on the best route for scenery and stops at small towns, monuments, historical places of importance. We prefer to by pass the toll roads and take secondary roads. I can see that there are two main options being the A68 and the A12.

Mentioned in this post
Spain
Spain
Europe
Zaragoza
Zaragoza
Province of Zaragoza, Spain
Haro
Haro
La Rioja, Spain
3 replies to this topic
St Austell, United...
Level Contributor
4,020 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Zaragoza to Haro By Car

Either study Google Earth or get a Michelin road map for that section of Spain (I think I have them all). Then put town after town you want to stop in your satnav. In Spanish there are a vast number of travel books for each province, but in English there are a couple of half-decent ones on Spain or Northern Spain.

Personally we like to drive from a to b and do any exploring out from base, not on the way. It's not the biggest trip in the world. If you leave Zaragoza at 7.30am you'll be in Haro at 10am

Mentioned in this post
Spain
Spain
Europe
Zaragoza
Zaragoza
Province of Zaragoza, Spain
Haro
Haro
La Rioja, Spain
Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
68,784 posts
3,765 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Zaragoza to Haro By Car

In Haro:

La Herradura is a place to do wine tasting. La Herradura is an area that consists of these streets: Calle de Santo Tomas, Calle Mayor, Plaza de la Iglesia, Calle San Martín and Calle Bilibio. The area has many tapas places where one can also try the wines of La Rioja.

Mentioned in this post
Haro
Haro
La Rioja, Spain
La Herradura
La Herradura
Almunecar, Spain
Santo Tomas
Santo Tomas
Menorca, Spain
Albuquerque, NM
Level Contributor
1,835 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Zaragoza to Haro By Car

I would stop in Tudela, Navarra on the way. And if you don’t plan on going later detour via LaGuardia.

Mentioned in this post
Tudela
Tudela
Navarra, Spain
Laguardia
Laguardia
Province of Alava, Spain
Reply to: Zaragoza to Haro By Car
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Zaragoza