We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

C-32 tolls

1 post
C-32 tolls

Hello, I’m planing to live in Sitges and study in barcelona. I know that road c-31 is free, but im interested in prices with a car of road c-32. Maby someone know prices of this road. I know that it’s around 6-7€ to go through, but what about month tickets or any cheaper variants, for frequent use of this road

7 replies to this topic
London, United...
Level Contributor
8,024 posts
116 reviews
1. Re: C-32 tolls

Jolis

Whilst I cannot answer your question, may I say this... I have often travelled, by Monbus, between Sitges and Barcelona, and of course the Bus does not use any roads on which paying a Toll is necessary. I only mention this because, even with Bus stops, I have found the journey to be quite swift.

Enjoy your stay

Anthony

Shrewsbury
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
14,211 posts
24 reviews
2. Re: C-32 tolls

We used the Monbus from Vilanova I la Geltru 8 days ago and it used the toll part of the C-32. It called at Sitges. I don't recall whether it returned to the toll section after Sitges. I drove the toll road yesterday.

Someone might be able to provide a better answer than this but I imagine that Via-T is part of the answer. It at least makes things quicker ...

https://www.bipdrive.com/en/toll-system/

I'm guessing that you've already researched public transport and determined that it's not suitable and that you have parking available, because driving into Barcelona is not something most of us would want to do every day

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
8,882 posts
6 reviews
3. Re: C-32 tolls

here you could check for the C32 toll cost:

https:/…

on the same site you can find the discounts available through ViaT, or just check here:

sitges.cat/html/…descomptes_a_la_c-32.html

on which campus are you studying? going by car from Sitges doesnt seem a good idea, a priori, but it depends on your studies center location.

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
271 posts
63 reviews
4. Re: C-32 tolls

Hello,

From Barcelona airport you can take the Monbus bus to Sitges. this bus only departs from terminal T-1. If you buy in the same airport a T-10 3 zones card, which costs 27 euros for 10 trips, you can take the bus without paying any supplement . This bus goes to Sitges thru the highway and you can use the card for more than one person. This card can also be used to go with the train from Sitges to Barcelona and viceversa.

London, United...
Level Contributor
8,024 posts
116 reviews
5. Re: C-32 tolls

Re Post 4

If you look at the thread I opened - "Sitges to Barcelona - Bus & Train Travel" - you will find all the information needed.

Cheers

Anthony

PS - I have used the Monbus, a few times, between Sitges and Barcelona, but I must confess that I haven't paid attention to whether it travels on a "Toll" road.

Costa Blanca, Spain
Destination Expert
for Sitges
Level Contributor
991 posts
6 reviews
6. Re: C-32 tolls

Hi Anthony.

You would have travelled on the toll road (C32) each time you've taken the Mon bus. The only alternative is the C31 coastal road: not a practical option for a bus! But of course the bus would have Via T (i.e. the barrier would automatically lift) so you wouldn't necessarily be aware of a toll being paid.

London, United...
Level Contributor
8,024 posts
116 reviews
7. Re: C-32 tolls

Sitges Lover

Now you explain that, I do have vague memories of a large area with barriers; but as you say passengers rarely take notice of those things as they are not exciting enough to be part of one's photographic memories.

Cheers

Anthony

Reply to: C-32 tolls
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Sitges
Recent Conversations