We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Catalan visit Barcelona/Sitges - with Sitges as a base.

London, United...
Level Contributor
8,013 posts
116 reviews
Catalan visit Barcelona/Sitges - with Sitges as a base.

Colleagues

I realise that it is about seven months (oh so far away) until my next visit, but I hope you will not mind me placing, here, an intended itinerary for that time.

Of course, as this thread runs, I may make tweak some bits, when good people offer suggestions that can be slotted in and easily accommodated.

My main reason for putting this here, at this time, is so that visitors, to Sitges & Barcelona, can get a flavour of what can be seen during a relaxing break. I no longer do "dash about" visiting... trying to cram everything a City has to offer into a single day.

Please feel free to ask any questions about my intended itinerary or any aspects of Sitges and Barcelona.

The "first" itinerary ->

SITGES - BARCELONA - MAY 2019

20 Monday - Flight - T1 buy 3 zone T10 card - Monbus to Sitges - El Cid Hotel (R 325) - Can Gregori restaurant - Hotel Pool - rest.

21st Tuesday - Sitges -> Estacio De Franca... Picasso Museum 11am - Santa Maria Del Mar restaurant - Parc Ciutadella - Zoo (?) - Estacio de Franca -> Sitges

22nd Wednesday - Sitges - Baron bar - Panchito lunch - Church - Nuestra senora de Vinyet.

23rd Thursday - Monbus -> Pl.Espanya - 150 bus to Fundacio Joan Miro - Las Arenas - BOKA Lunch - Monbus to Sitges - Hotel pool.

24th Friday - Monbus - Ronda Universitat - Cathedral - Inca Shop - El Born Centre - Llamber restaurant - Parc Ciutadella - Arc de Triomf - Estacio de Franca - Sitges

25th Saturday - Stampfli Foundation 11am - Baron bar - Incognito restaurant - Sitges Beach

26th Sunday - Cau Ferrat & Maricel Museums in Sitges - Lunch - Karmela Terracita Restaurant - Beach or Pool.

27th Monday (check-out) - Monbus to Aeroport.

Cheers

Anthony

9 replies to this topic
Ireland
Level Contributor
62 posts
18 reviews
1. Re: Catalan visit Barcelona/Sitges - with Sitges as a base.

Hi Anthony , I live your enthusiasm for Sitges/Catalonia & also your forward planning. We’re going back there for New Year, having visited only in late August/ early Sept. I expect things will be much quieter but looking forward to the experience. That’s what makes your itinerary plans so interesting, I’ll no doubt be incorporating some of your trips into our upcoming visit and will log on TripAdvisor in due course. Our recent trip there was a good orientation for next time, having sorted bus/train travel and Barcelona main sites etc. Therefore our next visit will be free of all that logistical how /when/where stuff, giving us time to enjoy what is a lovely place to visit.

London, United...
Level Contributor
8,013 posts
116 reviews
2. Re: Catalan visit Barcelona/Sitges - with Sitges as a base.

Woodville56

Do please give us an idea of your itinerary, if you plan it, closer to your visiting time. I've not been there in the Winter-time, but hopefully someone will come on and perhaps give you a special place for the festivities.

In Barcelona, I am sure that you will find things appreciably quieter and that may well allow you to see things more thoroughly and at a more leisurely pace.

Enjoy

Anthony

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
616 posts
52 reviews
3. Re: Catalan visit Barcelona/Sitges - with Sitges as a base.

Hi Anthony,

I too love your enthusiasm and great detailed planning! Well done!

Now being the nosey devil that I am, I Googled the eating places you mention in Barcelona.

Now unless there is more than one Boka, I hesitate to ask have you read the reviews?

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Rev…

I would you to be disappointed and whilst I don't always set great store by reviews....these don't look good!

London, United...
Level Contributor
8,013 posts
116 reviews
4. Re: Catalan visit Barcelona/Sitges - with Sitges as a base.

Smiling Lady

I have eaten in this BOKA, lower-ground floor of Las Arenas, before. The last time, this May, when I was there I had a mixed seafood risotto, which was very enjoyable. My main reason for going there, however, is that they have a Lager, on tap, which is very refreshing. It is handy and reasonably priced. Next time I might look at some of the restaurants on the top floor.

Cheers

Anthony

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
616 posts
52 reviews
5. Re: Catalan visit Barcelona/Sitges - with Sitges as a base.

Glad you have eaten there before Anthony so know what it's like! Enjoy!

London, United...
Level Contributor
8,013 posts
116 reviews
6. Re: Catalan visit Barcelona/Sitges - with Sitges as a base.

As it is only seven months away, I thought I might mention, planning ahead just a little that I will be frequenting the Bar Baron - Calle Sant Guadenci, Sitges from 1pm on Wednesday 22nd May 2019.

This authentic Spanish Bar is very pleasant and serves a fine range of drinks and a wide range of tapas plates.

I would love to have company during my visit and this might be the moment for that.

Cheers

Anthony

Oakland, CA
Level Contributor
1,045 posts
298 reviews
7. Re: Catalan visit Barcelona/Sitges - with Sitges as a base.

Add me to the folks on TripAdvisor who

absolutely love Sitges!! Was there for five nights/six days thus oast August (during a nasty heat spell—still lived the town!). Figured it would be nice, but had no idea how fantastic it is!!!

London, United...
Level Contributor
8,013 posts
116 reviews
8. Re: Catalan visit Barcelona/Sitges - with Sitges as a base.

Californian nurse

So delighted that you loved Sitges. It really is quite wonderful for so many reasons... and I am saying that when completely sober.

Cheers

Anthony

Oakland, CA
Level Contributor
1,045 posts
298 reviews
9. Re: Catalan visit Barcelona/Sitges - with Sitges as a base.

Apologies for my earlier typos !

Lol re replying sober! I did notice that in Sitges, the staff talk to you as they pour, rather than watching the amount filling glass. This results in some quite delicious strong drinks.

Wish I could be there for that meetup!

To anyone who comes upon this thread and has not yet been to Sitges, you are in for a fantastic treat!.

Reply to: Catalan visit Barcelona/Sitges - with Sitges as a base.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Sitges
Recent Conversations