We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Madrid card

Which Madrid hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
2 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Madrid card

What is the best way to get a Madrid card? It is worth while to purchase online and pick up in Madrid, or buy one in person? If the latter, can one be purchased at the Plaza Mayor tourist center?

Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
7,532 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Madrid card

Get discount when you buy Madrid Card online. You can collect it at Madrid Tourist Centre on Plaza Mayor.

http://www.madridcard.com/en/madrid-card

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
56,874 posts
3,571 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Madrid card

mjs:

Before you get the card, read the places it allows you to visit. Most times tourists do not have the time to see all the places on the card, so the card is not economical at all. I am not in favor of city cards unless one has the time to see everything on the card.

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
12 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Madrid card

Is there anywhere @ Madrid airport to buy the Madrid card? I know you can buy it on line but you get a voucher then have to wait in (what I'm told is) a long line-Plaza Mayor. You could get it mailed in advance- but that's really expensive. Want to buy the card to avoid lines at a few key sites- so I don't want to have to wait in a long line to turn my voucher in to get the card. Thanks for information about this.

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
1,279 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Madrid card

When I picked the Madrid Card at Plaza Mayor in November, there was no line at all. Maybe it's different in the summer. There is an office at Terminal 4. If you buy it online, you can pick it up there:

Metro Madrid Customer Service Desk (Terminal 4 – Arrivals - entrance of the Metro Airport Terminal 4 Station ).

Timetable: Monday-Saturday: 8.30 to 20.30h and Sunday and Public Holidays: 8.30 to 16.30h

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
12 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Madrid card

Thanks very much!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
4 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Madrid card

We recently returned from a trip to Madrid. We purchased Madrid Cards at the TI in Plaza Mayor, and wish we hadn't. As others have said, it's hard to get your money's worth out of it. Especially when some of the venues are closed for special events (Santiago Bernabéu Stadium and Plaza de Toros de las Ventas were both closed for events during our visit) and special exhibitions at the museums are not included. Additionally, the card only allows one visit to each attraction. So if you're thinking of spreading your visit to the Museo del Prado over two days, think again.

Other than being able to skip the ticket purchase queue, the Madrid card just isn't worth it.

7. Re: Madrid card

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 April 2015, 12:16