We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

No response to Scavi tour request

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
32 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
No response to Scavi tour request

In late January I sent a request by email for a Scavi tour for our party of four during September. To date I've heard nothing. Should I assume that our preferred tour dates are sold out or might I still get a reply. I provided both an email and snail mail address.

Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: No response to Scavi tour request

It's very unlikely that your dates are sold out, but you should have received an automatic reply acknowledging your request. Did you check your junk mail? And some ISPs even block emails from the Scavi office.

Send them another request and put the Scavi email address in your contacts, so emails won't get misdirected or blocked. They wouldn't send anything by snail mail.

January is very, very early for a September request. Even now, you might receive an automatic reply and a confirmation only in a few weeks or months.

Make sure you provide all the information they ask for; they will not process an incomplete request or contact you for missing information.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
32 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: No response to Scavi tour request

Thanks for the quick reply and the advice. I'll send another request.

san francisco, ca
Level Contributor
368 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: No response to Scavi tour request

I submitted my request in July for a tour in December (two years ago) and it took them about 3 months to respond. They will respond.

dpranne

milton keynes
Level Contributor
219 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: No response to Scavi tour request

I submitted my request for a scavi tour on 10th May. I am delighted to say that I have just had confirmation today of a tour in August. Hope you are lucky too.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
32 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: No response to Scavi tour request

Thanks to everyone for their comments. Strange as it seems, for some reason, the Vatican server appears to be blocking emails from my service provider -- Time Warner Roadrunner. My initial request to the Scavi email address -- with all required information -- was sent via web mail in January with no apparent problem while we were away from home. I never received a reply. However, when I try to email the same Vatican address via my home connection, I get an error message. After a lengthy discussion with a TW tech and changing my email setup, it is clear that the Vatican is not accepting email from Roadrunner. Why? Who knows? Maybe because Ted Turner, the former ceo of TW, is an atheist. ha! In any event, it looks like I'll have to use snail mail unless the Scavi office accepts reservations by phone.

Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: No response to Scavi tour request

I have never heard that the Scavi Office's server rejects emails from any ISP, but I have heard of ISPs that reject or send to the junk folder emails from the Scavi Office.

It should be an easy matter to set up a Web-based email address on Yahoo or Gmail to circumvent any difficulty.

The Scavi Office does not accept phone requests; it does accept requests by fax. Be aware that the fax machine is probably turned off except during business hours.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
10 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: No response to Scavi tour request

i was travelling solo and i planned my trip to vatican/ rome rather late. i only managed to email them 1 week before the tour. i was lucky to be given a place for the scavi tour. i received a reply from the vatican office 3 days later. the tour was awesome...i consider myself lucky to be offered a place despite me emailing them a week before the tour date. if u r a christian, this tour would mean so much more to you!

i did state clearly in my subject heading in my email to them: the requested tour date and the number of ppl going. they do not even have to read my email...just the topic of my email to know what was requested. so perhaps that helped me in securing a place for the tour within 3 days.

8. Re: No response to Scavi tour request

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 March 2011, 13:16