We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Monterosso for 1 night

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
326 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Monterosso for 1 night

I have tried a number of places to book for 1 night in Monterroso for September 2017. Everyone tells me they are fully booked. I suspect these places really want you to stay more than 1 night. Unfortunately, that is all we have. We will be arriving in Monterroso from Lucca early in the morning to explore the different villages. The following day, we are taking a train to Nice. Can anyone suggest accommodations of where we might stay for 1 night and still be able to explore the area? Thank you.

Bombala, New South...
Level Contributor
988 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Monterosso for 1 night

Which date in September? I popped a few different random dates for September into booking.com and there were still a reasonable number of vacancies. Perhaps there is something in particular on that night.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
326 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Monterosso for 1 night

September 7, 2017. I have tried around 12 different places. Thanks for your help.

Bombala, New South...
Level Contributor
988 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Monterosso for 1 night

Booking.com still has quite a few for sept 7. I have found the ratings are usually pretty accurate so try having a look on there.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
326 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Monterosso for 1 night

Thank you so much. I will check with that site. I had been dealing with the hotels directly.

Again, I appreciate your help.

Karen

Cinque Terre, Italy
Destination Expert
for Cinque Terre, Monterosso al Mare, Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
1,612 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Monterosso for 1 night

Many places are now closed for the season and as we don't really have any big hotels here, most people will be a little slow answering email requests for bookings, and many places won't take a one night booking so far ahead. I'd look at the "bigger" hotels here in Monterosso (that are still on the small-hotel side of things, but for here, quite large!) like Hotel la spiaggia, villa adriana, hotel 5terre and hotel palme...

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
326 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Monterosso for 1 night

cm28 - thanks for the good information. I did not realize many of the hotels were closed for the season, probably the reason I did not hear back from some of them.

I did get a reply today from a hotel that will allow us to reserve for 1 night, so we booked with them. We are very excited to visit your beautiful area.

Grazie for your help!

7. Re: Monterosso for 1 night

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 November 2017, 13:17
Get answers to your questions about Monterosso al Mare