We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Milan to Monterroso by Train?

4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Milan to Monterroso by Train?

i need to get to Monterosso from Milan by train at the beginning of October. Is it best to purchase tickets in advance? Also, what is the name of the rail I am to take? ItaliaRail?

Mentioned in this post
Milan
Milan
Lombardy, Italy
La Spezia, Italy
Destination Expert
for La Spezia, Porto Venere, Lerici
Level Contributor
3,609 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Milan to Monterroso by Train?

Trenitalia.com Early purchase can result in a discounted price however depending on the type of ticket purchased these may not be changeable so failure to make the train would mean the ticket would be invalid

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
95,406 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Milan to Monterroso by Train?

ItaliaRail is an agency, and there is no need to have an agency between you and the train company. Tickets for early October went on sale in early June, so the cheapest tickets may already have sold out on some trains. Buy from www.trenitalia.com/tcom-en

4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Milan to Monterroso by Train?

Thank you for your prompt response! I am most nervous about the trains being sold out which is what is prompting me to buy tickets prior to our trip. Secondly, there appear to be many stations in Milan. Is there any recommended station to leave from that would be better/easier?

Thanks again!

Mentioned in this post
Milan
Milan
Lombardy, Italy
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Milan to Monterroso by Train?

Thank you!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
95,406 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Milan to Monterroso by Train?

Tickets for trains will not sell out for early October. You would be able to buy on the day of travel, but you would have to pay the full price.

Trains to Monterosso leave from Milano Centrale station.

4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Milan to Monterroso by Train?

Thank you all for your responses. I appreciate the help. I have bought my tickets, got a bit of a discount.

7. Re: Milan to Monterroso by Train?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2017, 13:17