We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reservation Issue

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Reservation Issue

I have made a reservation through booking.com for

Affittacamere Da Cesare but have been getting credit card cancellation emails although card is valid and have used it for other booking also. Have written multiple emails to the property also but didn't get any reply. Tried calling the property multiple times but no one picked up the phone. Once when it got connected the person wasn't able to clearly tell what the issue is with the card and just kept saying card not good.There was a language problem also as the person was not fluent in English.Spoke with Booking.com people also, through which i had booked the property,even they are trying to find out the reason for the card issue from the property. I'm travelling in a few days and im worried that my booking might get cancelled.

Not sure where the problem is.

Any suggestions?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
41,923 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Reservation Issue

No need to post this more than once - but, have you been in touch with www.booking.com to see if there is anything they can do to sort out this issue?

If you have called and emailed and property - not sure what anyone here can suggest.

I am assuming you have only one credit card and that's why this is a problem?

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reservation Issue

We have given 2 credit cards and both times they got cancelled. I am trying to reach the property to understand the problem and wanted to know if someone else also had faced this issue earlier.

I actually wanted to post on property page but it eventually gets added in this forum hence the duplication.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
41,923 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Reservation Issue

Sorry - I am surprised though that booking.com can't help you.

Hope you get it sorted.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
585 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Reservation Issue

I would also contact your credit card company and see what they can tell you - they should be able to see the attempt to put it through - and if they are rejecting it for some reason - they can tell you why.

These days credit card companies are worried about fraud- and will sometimes freeze a card if the transaction appears unusual. Or - I had an online transaction reject when the merchant put the expiry date in wrong, for example.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
28 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Reservation Issue

Definitely call the credit card company. There is a possibility the card number or expiry date is being entered incorrectly. I had that happen to me, and until I called the credit card company, I didn't know what was the problem. Since the credit card company can see how exactly it was entered, they'll know if that is an issue.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
41,923 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Reservation Issue

The OP - in the other thread on this question - indicates contact was made with the credit company -

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g18782…

I'd check with them again - and, again, will suggest www.booking.com - They should be alerted that the accommodation is having this problem -

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Reservation Issue

Booking.com guys have also asked for the same from property and waiting to hear back. I have tried 3 cards ( including VISA/MasterCard ). I have contacted credit card company and they mentioned that they haven't seen any transaction being tried. Actually payment has to be made at the time of stay and currently only credit card validity needs to be confirmed by the hotel. So property is supposed to just verify the card right now and apparently while doing that itself they are saying credit card is not valid without giving any more details.

Waiting for booking.com now to get back to me by tomorrow with some solution.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
28 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Reservation Issue

Maybe the OP wasn't clear. The card company said there was no transaction. I wonder what the credit card company sees when they simply use the card to hold the room? If they didn't even do that, then it's clearly a user error from the hotel.

What kind of credit card is this OP? Are they perhaps rejecting a type of card with the excuse it's not valid? I don't know just brainstorming. (e.g., some won't accept Amex, etc)

Edit: we posted at the same time. You've answered some questions already.,..

Edited: 01 September 2016, 01:01
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
41,923 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Reservation Issue

Whatever is happening - if I were the OP, I would be seeking another reservation at a different place for my stay - and keeping track of any correspondence confirming the lodging has said the cards are not working and also inform your bank/credit company that no charges should be accepted by that accommodation if you wind up booking elsewhere. Having the names/dates/etc for when you spoke to your credit card company is also good to have to show you pursued clarification on the whole thing as to transactions.

Before this place ends up being unfairly accused of doing something unethical (by implying they are using this as an excuse for some reason)- I'd wait to see what booking.com has to say about all this and if it is not sorted, just move onto to making another reservation elsewhere.

My two cents anyway.

10. Re: Reservation Issue

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2017, 13:18
Get answers to your questions about Monterosso al Mare