We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please help.... Bellagio or Portofino?

Illinois
Level Contributor
204 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Please help.... Bellagio or Portofino?

We have two nights, and I keep changing this portion of our trip. We will have a car and will be driving to one of these locations from Munich, and then driving from this stop to Venice. Thank you! (also posted in the Como Forum)

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
30,158 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Please help.... Bellagio or Portofino?

Bellagio would require 12 hours driving without rest stops, and Portofino nearly fourteen http://www.viamichelin.com

If you wish to visit somewhere on an Italian lake and massively cut down on your driving time to around seven hours, you should go to somewhere on lake Garda.

Illinois
Level Contributor
204 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Please help.... Bellagio or Portofino?

Thank you. I've been running maps on Michelin too. Its actually about a 7 hour trip to Bellagio, and 8.5 to Portofino. My question really isn't as much about the distance as the destinations.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
103,725 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Please help.... Bellagio or Portofino?

Logistically Bellagio more conveniently accommodates your itinerary, but do you prefer coastal or lake destinations?

Lake Como's mid-lake area around Bellagio is stunningly beautiful, and there's much to see and do.

Portofino is small and expensive - What should I do with eight hours?:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187825-i784-k28…

Vagabonda

Edited: 07 June 2013, 01:30
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
14,283 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Please help.... Bellagio or Portofino?

While Portofino is simply gorgeous, it is as Vagabonda says, extremely expensive and I would not recommend staying there, and that just adds more time to your travel and confusion to your agenda. If you had more than just one night and were closer in area, it is worth a visit, just to smell the flowers. With your route of Munich to Venice, it is just way out.

Illinois
Level Contributor
204 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Please help.... Bellagio or Portofino?

Thanks so much. Bellagio was my original stop... I will stick with that!

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
103,725 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Please help.... Bellagio or Portofino?

Bellagio is really lovely, so enjoy guinivere - Perhaps stay lakefront at the Hotel Metropole!

Vagabonda

7. Re: Please help.... Bellagio or Portofino?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 June 2014, 13:16