We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Agriturismo -first time, which area to stay, advise needed

Saint_petersburg
Level Contributor
293 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Agriturismo -first time, which area to stay, advise needed

Dear All,

i'm totally lost in the mass of information on this forum, so i'll definitely need a good advise about the area for the first visit of this part of Italy.

Generally i don't want to overload our first visit, from another hand - we'd like to cover wine tasting with agriturismo, castel visits, may be balloon touring for 1 day, some interesting and nice cities around also.

So, i plan to stay 2 full days in Turin, then to rent a car and drive toward agriturismo area for 5-6 days.

I was trying to read as many as i could about the areas but still can't choose between:

Asti, Monferrato, Langhe/Barolo... What would you advise me?

Would you please help me to realize a wonderful trip to the most beautiful part of the Italy.

Thank you in advance!

Edited: 29 February 2012, 03:18
Alba
Level Contributor
6 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Agriturismo -first time, which area to stay, advise needed

If you like good wine and food, Langhe is a perfect area. And if you like to stay in agriturismo, we run one in Sinio, a small village in the heart of Langhe: tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g1220549-d61750…

Asti, Italy
Level Contributor
511 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Agriturismo -first time, which area to stay, advise needed

Good question, where to stay in the central Piedmont wine area?

Essentially the central Piedmont wine area which also includes one of the finest food areas in Italy , the “zone” lies roughly from Castelnouvo Don Bosco in the Northwest over to Casale Monferrato in the North East, down to Acqui Terme in the South East and over to Dogliano in the South West. Think of a circle approximately 60 km in diameter with Asti in the centre.

The wine areas can be delineated roughly as Monferrato (Basso Monferrato North of Asti, Alto Monferrato south of Asti) , Langhe (Barolo and Barbaresco, closer to Alba) and the Roero on the west bank of the Tanaro river between Asti and Alba. To complete the geography lesson :-), Asti is 40 minutes drive from Turin and Alba is 30 minutes from Asti. Barolo is of course the town that gives its name to the famous wine area South of Alba. The entire area is vine-covered and Barolo is a little (but not too much) touristy as compared to other areas of Piedmont.

For further advice I would suggest to start with the 2 most excellent guide books for the region, "Wine Touring in N.W.Italy" by Maureen Ashley, much more then just wine, and the Cadogan Guide to Italian Riviera and Piedmont.

So where to stay in this area? If you have 5 or 6 days and you have already been in Turin, that’s a good time take to take in most of the areas, I would say either stay in one central place, its not that far to cover the whole area, or maybe split your stay and stay in one place North of Asti for a few days and another say in the Langhe.

If you check the B&b section on this site under Piedmont hotels you will find many listings with reviews, make a short list and e-mail them all for more specifics and how they can fit in with your requirements.

удачи и имеют большой пребывания в Пьемонте

Saint_petersburg
Level Contributor
293 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Agriturismo -first time, which area to stay, advise needed

Dear All, thank you all for advises!

Montelparo, Italy
Level Contributor
2,458 posts
398 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Agriturismo -first time, which area to stay, advise needed

Hello Lanchik, We were in Piemonte last October and met up with friends from Perth. We were based mainly at Pocapaglia so that we could visit towns in the area -- Racconigi (Palazzo Reale), Pollenzo, Bra, Asti and Barolo. It worked very well, and we managed to stay in our modest budget. For more details check our reviews on Trip Advisor (just click on our name and a list of reviews will appear).

5. Re: Agriturismo -first time, which area to stay, advise needed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Piedmont