We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dont rent a car with OS CAR RENTAL Catania BE AWARE

County Dublin...
1 post
1 review
Dont rent a car with OS CAR RENTAL Catania BE AWARE

They have hundreds of claims for fraud. We went to Sicily for 5 days. In Catania airport they give us a very old car, dammages everywhere and 158000km. the second day the car broke down, we had to go back with a truck and they give us another car in even worse conditions. we gave them back at the day 5th and I went back home. I checked my bank account and surprise! the 3d day of the trip they charged the full deposit (no retention, charged directly) 1100eur. I claim to the bank and also the website company Atlaschoice in uk but they didnt do aboslutely anything and after claiming many times for an explanation, the OS Car Rental sent me an invoice for dammages in the 2 cars for the exactly amount of the deposit 1100eur coincidence!! We left the cars in the exactly the same conditions as we received them. Very strange that they charged the full amount on the 3d day instead of the 5th day or later. They may read the future and see that I would return it with dammages for exactly the same amount of the deposit. very smart people. We have made a complain with my bank and also with the consumer protection of my country. But I havent received any news. I just leave this message to advise everyone who is going for holidays to Catania. BE AWARE of this company. google it first and you will see many frauds like this from them. It seems that they change the name of the company every couple of years. before was CAR HIRE 3000 and is known as well as OS AUTONOLEGGIO. I cant believe the authorities in Sicily havent closed the business yet. BE AWARE of Atlaschoice in UK if you rent the car with them. They wont help you at all and you will lose all your deposit.

Portsmouth, United...
Destination Expert
for Portsmouth
Level Contributor
5,690 posts
2,268 reviews
1. Re: Dont rent a car with OS CAR RENTAL Catania BE AWARE

This is a duplicate posting that will be removed

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
114,519 posts
2. Re: Dont rent a car with OS CAR RENTAL Catania BE AWARE

You are not the first to post 349Nancy, and hopefully those hiring will read these posts prior to hiring rather than returning with reviews after hiring.

Enter "OS" in the Search field to retrieve earlier threads such as this.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187886-i343-k7316…

Vagabonda

Kaneohe, Hawaii
1 post
3. Re: Dont rent a car with OS CAR RENTAL Catania BE AWARE

Same thing happened to me. OS CAR RENTAL charged my card directly for a deposit and have yet to return it 60 days later. TOTAL SCAM! BEWARE OF OS CAR RENTAL at Catania airport.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
114,519 posts
4. Re: Dont rent a car with OS CAR RENTAL Catania BE AWARE

Contact your credit card company IMW981.

Vagabonda

5. Re: Dont rent a car with OS CAR RENTAL Catania BE AWARE

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 November 2016, 14:17
Get answers to your questions about Catania