We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best choice for travel from Positano to Cortona

Henniker, New...
8 posts
Best choice for travel from Positano to Cortona

Using public transportation, what I suggestions for best travel from Positano to Cortona?

Sun Valley, Idaho
Level Contributor
234 posts
36 reviews
1. Re: Best choice for travel from Positano to Cortona

I have gone Cortona to Positano via train to Naples/Sorrento, then ferry. You could do the reverse of that - Positano to Sorrento by ferry, Sorrento to Naples via train, train to Rome/Cortona.

Many seem to do the Salerno route - I have never done that but it sounds easier to me and I would do this next time personally. Positano to Salerno by boat, then train from Salerno to Rome and train on to Cortona (2 possible train stations for Cortona - Terontola or Camucia).

Edited: 11 September 2017, 21:04
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
34,020 posts
17 reviews
2. Re: Best choice for travel from Positano to Cortona

Ferries Positano to Salerno www.alicost.it www.travelmar.it

Trains Salerno to Cortona/Camucia www.trenitalia.com/tcom-en enter time 08.00 for current train schedule

Buses operate from the Camucia train station up to Cortona

www.discovertuscany.com/cortona

CA
Level Contributor
11,863 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: Best choice for travel from Positano to Cortona

To get all the way up to the town center [Piazza de la Republica] a taxi costs €12. Recommend the Hotel italia.

4. Re: Best choice for travel from Positano to Cortona

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2018, 13:18
Get answers to your questions about Cortona
Recent Conversations