We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cortona or Pienza?

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
29 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Cortona or Pienza?

My husband and I (in our 70's but pretty fit) are planning a week in southern Tuscany next September. I have read thousands of reviews, opinions and forums and still can't decide whether to base ourselves in Cortona or Pienza. Pros and cons of each place please! We will have a car and want to find a self-catering apartment in the center of the town. Happy to visit all the usual places during the day, just want to know the best town to return to and enjoy most of our evenings there. Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Cortona
Cortona
Province of Arezzo, Italy
Pienza
Pienza
Province of Siena, Italy
13 replies to this topic
Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
29 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Cortona or Pienza?

Brilliant! Thank you all of you who replied so quickly. I thought that it would be Pienza in the end but just needed your reassurance. I know that every person has their own favourite town because they all have something special to offer - a feat of riches that we can't wait to explore.

Mentioned in this post
Pienza
Pienza
Province of Siena, Italy
Montepulciano, Italy
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
Level Contributor
7,915 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Cortona or Pienza?

"My wife still raves about a women's clothing shop"

Didn't happen to be on the left as you walk down the main Corso 10m or so before you arrive at the famous Latte di Luna? If so, I sometimes look at my credit card statement and rather wish it didn't exist ...

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2,159 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Cortona or Pienza?

lastraniera...yes, that is precisely the shop! It seemed as though every thing my wife tried on looked fabulous! And the owner of the shop was so charming and delightful. Nice memories...and yes, Latte di Luna was and is always part of our Pienza reminisces!

Mentioned in this post
Pienza
Pienza
Province of Siena, Italy
Reply to: Cortona or Pienza?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Cortona