We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel within walking distance

West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
156 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel within walking distance

Looking to use Cortana as our homebase while spending three nights in Tuscany. We will have a car but looking for a hotel that is in walking distance to local Cortana shops and restaurants. Any suggestions of one with good views? Thank you

Mentioned in this post
22 replies to this topic
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
14,359 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel within walking distance

Pretty much impossible to make a recommendation as nobody here knows your budget.

What are you prepared to spend (in euros) per night.

Montepulciano, Italy
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
Level Contributor
8,244 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel within walking distance

The Marsili is one the immediately springs to mind, I walk past whenever I park in Cortona and think how nice it looks. Rooms at the front must have views. Otherwise the Italia? Certainly central but not sure about views. Look on this website (Trip Advisor) for they list the top 10 Cortona hotels based on their reviewers' comments.

Mentioned in this post
Cortona
Cortona
Province of Arezzo, Italy
West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
156 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel within walking distance

Approximately $200 night. Would not be opposed to going higher but mostly everything I’m seeing in that region is under or around $200 so I think There are a good amount of rooms in my budget

4. Re: Hotel within walking distance

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 22 February 2018, 23:05

Montepulciano, Italy
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
Level Contributor
8,244 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel within walking distance

What's that, roughly Euros 160? The key question is when are you coming for the price you pay in July / August will be almost twice what you'll pay next week. That said, Cortona has become a solid gold tourist trap in the last decade or so and hoteliers along with everyone else are cashing in. You may be lucky but I think a room with a view in that price bracket in high season is going to be a challenge to find.

Mentioned in this post
Cortona
Cortona
West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
156 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel within walking distance

I am well aware that I would not be using US dollars in Italy LOL. This is not my first trip to Europe. And I am going in October and had found many hotels in the $200-$250 price range Villa Marsili that was recommended being one of them.

Mentioned in this post
Italy
Italy
Europe
Europe
Europe
World
West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
156 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel within walking distance

Sorry... I should’ve stated that I was October. A friend recommended villa Marsili but it is booked for my dates. That being said is there another area close by that you would recommend other than Cortona for a home base? Thanks for your reply

Mentioned in this post
Cortona
Cortona
8. Re: Hotel within walking distance

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 22 February 2018, 23:05

West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
156 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel within walking distance

And apparently you are the only rude one on this thread. Thanks for your obnoxious contribution. It was quite helpful. Sorry i even asked

CA
Level Contributor
10,303 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel within walking distance

The Hotel Italia, where we stay, was mentioned but has no parking reasonably close.

Reply to: Hotel within walking distance
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Cortona