We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tickets for Pisa

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
26 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Tickets for Pisa

Is the queue for tickets @ Leaning tower long? I tried to go online for tickets on Apr 20, but I can click Apr 20....is that because they only sell tickets 16 days out ...and I am already too late (because Apr 20 is too close to today Apr 5)?

dallas
Level Contributor
293 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tickets for Pisa

You can try calling, 0289421146 (plus whatever country codes you need from your country) and ask about tickets. They may just be sold out. I have no idea if you can get tickets on the spot or not. Anyone????

Good luck!

Level Contributor
21,537 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tickets for Pisa

Yup they sell for 16 day ahead at the earliest

dallas
Level Contributor
293 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tickets for Pisa

Huh. They told me 45 days ahead. Bummer! I hate waiting to see whether you'll be able to get in or not! Did you have any luck SCL?

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
26 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tickets for Pisa

it seems their website said it sells tickets 16-45 days ahead...meaning if it is too close (like in my case I wanted to go Apr 20 but it is already Apr 6 now) it won't sell....but their website shows clickable links from 16 - 45 days ahead.

I will try to call the number....it never occured to me about calling for reservation before because I thought everything can be done online...but I just found from my other thread (about uffizi and academia) that some places only allow reservation by phone....

Level Contributor
21,537 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tickets for Pisa

Sure, and it's even better since you don't need to leave your credit card number, just show on the spot and pay. But do not forget to jot down and take with you the booking number they give you.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
59,422 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tickets for Pisa

I hope the phone reservation works for you. In case it doesn't, go to Pisa early in the morning and get your tickets. The later you go, even if you can get a ticket, your time slot might be very late in the afternoon, thus resulting in a long wait.

Mentioned in this post
Pisa
Pisa
Province of Pisa, Italy
dallas
Level Contributor
293 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tickets for Pisa

I'm sooooo sorry! I accidently put in the number for the Last Supper! Ooops! I hope you haven't made that call yet....I'll look it up and post the correct one!

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
26 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tickets for Pisa

haha thanks...i was just checking the number and feel stange that this number doesn't look like the other numbers in the pisa area :p

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
26 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tickets for Pisa

Found some answers from Peregin man.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187899-i577-k2139…

and I have absolutely no idea what the officer said on the other end of the phone when I tried calling one of the numbers here:

http://www.opapisa.it/index.php?id=170&L=1

Guess I have to try my luck at the gate?

Level Contributor
21,537 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tickets for Pisa

Sorry - on opapisa it says "* I biglietti per la Torre si possono acquistare online (con anticipo compreso fra 45 e 15 gg.) o presso le biglietterie della Piazza del Duomo di Pisa. Non è possibile effettuare la prenotazione telefonica. "

i.e you can purchase online 15 to 45 days in advance or at the ticket booths in the Duomo Square. It is not possible to book by phone.

Mentioned in this post
Piazza del Duomo
Piazza del Duomo
18,080 Reviews
Florence, Italy