We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

day trip to Cortona

Maine
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
day trip to Cortona

I will be in Florence later this month and would like to take a day trip to Cortona (maybe Arezzo also). I am looking for organized day tours from Florence but can't find any. I suppose I could take a train...any ideas are welcome. Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Florence
Florence
Province of Florence, Italy
Cortona
Cortona
Province of Arezzo, Italy
Arezzo
Arezzo
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
96,080 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: day trip to Cortona

By train it would take 1 to 2 hours, depending on which train you take. The station for Cortona is at Camucia, which is about 3 miles away on the plain. Cortona is at the top of a steep hill. There are buses from Camucia station to Cortona.

Train times and costs are at www.trenitalia.com

Mentioned in this post
Cortona
Cortona
washington, dc
Level Contributor
4,022 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: day trip to Cortona

In my opinion, Cortona, without a car, is a long, long way to go for not all that much.

Arezzo, on the other hand, has a whole lot more to offer and it is much more accessible by train. If, by any chance, you are going to be in Tuscany on the first weekend of the month, there is a terrific market in Arezzo which fills up almost the entire historic center of town.

Mentioned in this post
Cortona
Cortona
Arezzo
Arezzo
3. Re: day trip to Cortona

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2009, 04:22