We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cash machines in Lucca

Gourock, United...
Level Contributor
395 posts
41 reviews
Cash machines in Lucca

Over the years we have always just used cash whilst in Italy , however this year we will be using our debit cards so were wondering if there was an english language option at the cash point machines. I can get by in Italian but my husband isn't as confident with the language as I am. It would make things easier if some regular visitors could point us in the right direction of the "user friendly " cash points within or close to the city walls

many thanks

Nicola

South East England...
Level Contributor
5,552 posts
4 reviews
1. Re: Cash machines in Lucca

Hi Nicola,

All the cash points/ATMs that we have used in Lucca have had a language option button that you press for English instructions.

mesh

Ocean City, MD
Level Contributor
12,536 posts
7 reviews
2. Re: Cash machines in Lucca

Mesh knows Lucca far better than me (lucky!!!!) I spent a week there the 1st of October and I speak little Italian (only the pleasantries) and had absolutely no problem using the ATM's, visiting the sites, buying pastries and shopping in a store. Every ATM I used had the language option for English, some had different withdrawal limits though.

I fell in love with Lucca and I'm already planning a return.

South East England...
Level Contributor
5,552 posts
4 reviews
3. Re: Cash machines in Lucca

ocpony, I had a sneaky feeling you'd enjoyed your time in Lucca given the image you've used as your avatar!

mesh

Gourock, United...
Level Contributor
395 posts
41 reviews
4. Re: Cash machines in Lucca

Thanks everyone, Thats good to know. Roll on July :)

5. Re: Cash machines in Lucca

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 January 2015, 14:19
Get answers to your questions about Lucca