We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beware ...Pick pockets at Pisa Rossore

Level Contributor
1 post
55 reviews
Save Topic
Beware ...Pick pockets at Pisa Rossore

Whilst we were boarding the train a group of young girls rushed on , one bumped into my husband and then fell down. They make you think you have pushed them. In the confusion ie my husband went to her aid the other one went for his pocket. They got 15€ and then dropped his wallet ...which was lucky.

BE CONSTANTLY VIGILANT . DONT CARRY ANY WALLET OR PURSE IN A POCKET.

THEY ARE CUNNING AND DEVIOUS.

I AM SURE THE POLICE ARE AWARE BUT DONT CARE.

6 replies to this topic
Turin
Level Contributor
6,902 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Beware ...Pick pockets at Pisa Rossore

I'm sure you know nothing. Those girls are all younger than 13, so police can't arrest them snd they know it.

They are here without a family and have no documents, so they can't be deported back to their home countries. If they don't make enough money they are beaten by those who bought them.

If stopped by cops they are taken into so-called protected homes from where they always escape within a couple of hours.

In other words, I'm sorry you've been pickpocketed but I'm also sure you missed a good occasion to think before write.

Edited: 15 June 2017, 01:13
Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Level Contributor
8,658 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beware ...Pick pockets at Pisa Rossore

Bravo!

There is always a danger of pickpockets at train stations, in Italy, as in many other countries. Are people really still unaware of this?

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
34,260 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beware ...Pick pockets at Pisa Rossore

**I AM SURE THE POLICE ARE AWARE BUT DONT CARE.**

How are you sure about this? Have you talked to the police? Did you make a report about the theft or did you just continue on your trip and only come here to complain and make unfounded accusations?

I question the thought process that led you to believe that carrying a wallet in your pocket was a good idea.

Donna

British Columbia
Level Contributor
791 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beware ...Pick pockets at Pisa Rossore

Holy Moses people, the op is just trying to warn unsuspecting tourist which frequent these boards. Thanks for the post.

Naporso, thank u also... I had no idea.

CA
Level Contributor
7,923 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beware ...Pick pockets at Pisa Rossore

Thanks for the warning. People who don't understand the need for securing their valuables will benefit.

Castellina in...
Level Contributor
3,341 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beware ...Pick pockets at Pisa Rossore

There are some very useful tips on this subject here: www.bella-toscana.com/pickpocketsinitaly.htm

Reply to: Beware ...Pick pockets at Pisa Rossore
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Pisa