We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train from Pisa Airport to Florence

Swindon
Level Contributor
3 posts
227 reviews
Save Topic
Train from Pisa Airport to Florence

Hi,

We are planning to visit Florence later this year and will be travelling by train from the airport.

Can I buy a return ticket at the airport and when I change trains at Pisa can I leave the station to spend a couple of hours at the Tower before continuing the train journey to Florence on the same ticket? Or will I need to buy separate tickets?

Thanks

Tony

Mentioned in this post
Florence
Florence
Province of Florence, Italy
Pisa
Pisa
Province of Pisa, Italy
Private Pisa and Lucca Tour by Van...
1 Review
from US$178.30*
Free Cancellation
La Spezia Private Shore Excursion of...
8 Reviews
from US$951.10*
Free Cancellation
Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Level Contributor
8,669 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train from Pisa Airport to Florence

They don't do return tickets you buy a single one way and a single the other way. You must validate your ticket before you start your journey, it is then valid for 6 hours and you must complete your journey within the 6 hours.

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
32,264 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Train from Pisa Airport to Florence

You don't change trains at Pisa. The trip from the airport to Pisa Centrale is by a driverless Peoplemover.

Your ticket from Pisa Centrale to Firenze S. M. Novella is OK for trains leaving within four hours of the purchased time - this time was cut from six hours one year ago.

Enter <Pisa fermata Aeroporto> to Firenze S. M. Novella on www.trenitalia.com/tcom-en to see through times and fares.

Or just buy yourself a €2.70 Peoplemover ticket at the airport, and a train ticket to Florence when you need it at Pisa Centrale, so you needn't worry about times.

Mentioned in this post
Pisa
Pisa
Province of Pisa, Italy
Florence
Florence
Swindon
Level Contributor
3 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train from Pisa Airport to Florence

Thanks

Swindon
Level Contributor
3 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Train from Pisa Airport to Florence

Thanks

Valencia, Spain
Level Contributor
133 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Train from Pisa Airport to Florence

I've just done what you plan this week. I arrived Pisa Airport Monday at 12:10, taked Pisa Mover to Pisa station ( automated ticketing where you can pay with your credit card) , and then walked to the Leaning Tower, at 13.00 I was there, I have time to visit Opera Museum, Baptistere, Camposanto and Cahedral, ( don't wanted to clmb the tower), and walked again to the station, where I buyen the ticket to Florence,(again automated machine.) Altough the machine shows you the diferent trains and ask you to select one, it's not mandatoy to use it, ticket don´t shows hour of trip, only date, so you can use on every florence regional train for this day, you have to cancel, and then is dated, on the platform machines, and form this moment you have 4 hours to travel, I taked the 16:32 train, that arrived Florence at 17:32. >Easy, fast, and confortable.

Edited: 23 June 2017, 19:25
Mentioned in this post
Pisa
Pisa
Province of Pisa, Italy
Camposanto
Camposanto
1,305 Reviews
Pisa, Italy
Florence
Florence
Upper Maremma...
Level Contributor
770 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Train from Pisa Airport to Florence

Here, just updated with the recent changes. There used to be a super convenient and inexpensive busline, which they have stopped. Now you have to use the people mover.

athomeintuscany.org/2011/…

7. Re: Train from Pisa Airport to Florence

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 June 2018, 12:16