We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pisa parking luggage

Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Pisa parking luggage

Hi everyone,

I'll be visiting Italy this July and also plan to stop by in Pisa -- just to visit the tower (my wife really wants to see it, Ive seen it before).

I know its very wise not to leave any luggage in the car and we planned our roadtrip in such a way that we would avoid this as much as possible. In Pisa, however, it will not be possible to leave our luggage in the hotel as Pisa is on our way and it's really almost impossible to go back and forth (it would add 2 hours of driving). And the problem is, I do now that Pisa is also not a safe place to leave luggage in the car. Therefore, I have the following questions:

- Does anyone know any SAFE car parking in Pisa? I know from TA that parking pietrasantina for sure is not safe and there have been several reports of people been stolen their luggage from the car there. But are there any other safe ones (i.e. closed, and cctv cameras?)

- Alternatively, is there any possibility of find a close parking lot and us taking our luggage to the tower? If it's a short walking distance Im sure its not too difficult for us. I mean, people walking to their hotel also take luggage with them on the street. Or is it gonna be really totally awkward (or even forbidden at some place) to be there with luggage? We do NOT want to go inside the tower. just the outside and have a look around the square. Taking a look at Google street view seems to suggest me that parking at Via Cammeo parking and walking luggage to the tower is possible!

Thanks a lot!

Best

Joachim

Edited: 27 June 2017, 17:17
3 replies to this topic
Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
104,095 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Pisa parking luggage

There are several options for left luggage storage in Pisa.

Leaving Luggage in Rental Car - is it Safe?:

tripadvisor.com/…65372852

Vagabonda

Valencia, Spain
Level Contributor
127 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pisa parking luggage

Lsst week I travel to Florence via Pisa airport, and we spend some hours in Pisa, we carried two nearly cabin size Backpaks (50*40*20) and have no problem visiting, Camposanto, Cathedral, and Museo delle sinopie carrying them. For the Leaning Tower it's not allowed to climb with them, but you can leave it at the free Luggage storage if you buy the ticket.

Said that, if you carry somthing bigger, it could be a problem, I remember seeing signs about maxime luggage measures on the area.

Edited: 30 June 2017, 03:41
Valencia, Spain
Level Contributor
127 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pisa parking luggage

And, there's another option, using the Pisa Centrale Station Luggage Storage, it's attended, there's no size limit and it cost 5€ each suitcase/backpack for a full day

Reply to: Pisa parking luggage
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Pisa
Recent Conversations