We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pisa Central Station to Lucca

Centennial, CO
Level Contributor
6 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
Pisa Central Station to Lucca

We are arriving by train to Pisa Centrale and are planning to go to Lucca. We will store our luggage in the Pisa station, and have arranged to ride bikes back from Lucca to Pisa.

Our train arrives at 10:17 am, and the next train to Lucca is after noon. I can't find a bus earlier than 14:00. Although taxis are more expensive, we would pay the price to save time and be able to enjoy Lucca more.

Does anyone know if there are other ways to find buses? I was told they were every 30 minutes, but I can't find a website with that info.

Does anyone know if a taxi is easy to get on site since we are wanting to go to another town? Do we need to reserve in advance for that?

Thank you.

3 replies to this topic
Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
30,221 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Pisa Central Station to Lucca

Cick the symbol for Orario by the E3 bus on http://www.lucca.cttnord.it/Linee_e_Orari/Linee_Extraurbane_Estive_(Dal_1_Luglio_Al_31_Agosto)/L/461

Via Crespi is near the station.

South East England...
Level Contributor
4,360 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pisa Central Station to Lucca

Unfortunately the Vaibus to Lucca doesn't actually stop at Pisa Centrale, the nearest bus stop is on Via Conte Fazio which is not convenient for the train station. Though it does stop at the train station going in the opposite direction, from Lucca to Pisa Airport, due to one way systems around Pisa.

mesh

Centennial, CO
Level Contributor
6 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pisa Central Station to Lucca

Thank you!

Reply to: Pisa Central Station to Lucca
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Pisa
Recent Conversations