We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pisa - 1 Day Side Trip Suggestions Please!!

Aventura, Florida
Level Contributor
7 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Pisa - 1 Day Side Trip Suggestions Please!!

Hubby & I will be visiting Pisa as a one day side trip from Florence with no luggage. I had read that the closest train station to the Tower is Pisa San Rossore which is supposed to be within walking distance. Can someone please inform if this is the best station to arrive at and also aside from the Tower, what else is recommended to visit while in Pisa. Any suggestions for restaurants or quick bite while in Pisa?

4 replies to this topic
London
Level Contributor
1,679 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pisa - 1 Day Side Trip Suggestions Please!!

San Rossore is slightly nearer. Pisa Centrale is a slightly nicer walk. Neither are far and the longest you will be walking is 20 mins. If you are intending to climb the tower, book ahead using the official site: www.opapisa.it The website will give you information on everything in the Square of Miracles.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
31,273 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pisa - 1 Day Side Trip Suggestions Please!!

You could spend the morning in Pisa then carry on to Lucca, returning from Lucca to Florence

Trains Firenze to Pisa to Lucca to Firenze www.trenitalia.com./tcom-en

www.aboutpisa.info www.discovertuscany.com/lucca

Valencia, Spain
Level Contributor
127 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pisa - 1 Day Side Trip Suggestions Please!!

I recommend to use Pisa Centrale Station, you can easily walk in less than 20 minutes to the tower area, and see the medieval city, selecting diferent streets in each trip

florence
Level Contributor
27 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pisa - 1 Day Side Trip Suggestions Please!!

I'd go with Nurioopta suggestion, skip your time between Pisa and Lucca.

Pisa has to be one of the most overrated place in Tuscany. Not because it isn't interesting, but there are tons of better places around

Reply to: Pisa - 1 Day Side Trip Suggestions Please!!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Pisa
Recent Conversations