We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pisa Advice!

London, United...
5 posts
Save Topic
Pisa Advice!

Hi,

I’m taking my girlfriend to Pisa for her birthday this weekend but I think I may need some help planning the itinerary! Initially I thought we would stay in Pisa for the whole weekend but the more research I’m doing I’m wondering whether we should spend one day somewhere else, such as Florence. We land on Friday night and leave on Sunday afternoon. I’ve booked tickets on Saturday morning for the Leaning Tower and booked a restaurant in Pisa for Saturday night. I’m thinking of moving the tickets (if they let me) to Sunday so that we can spend the full Saturday somewhere else. Is this is a sensible plan? Any suggestions on where to go? FYI neither of us drink wine as a lot of the day trips seem to be wine tours!

Thanks in advance!

Mentioned in this post
Pisa
Pisa
Province of Pisa, Italy
Florence
Florence
Province of Florence, Italy
4 replies to this topic
Ocean City, MD
Level Contributor
12,345 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pisa Advice!

Florence is over an hour (1h20m) away form Pisa Centrale.

You have such a short visit, I would visit Lucca instead of Florence, about 30 minutes via regional train. Don't forget to validate your ticket in the machine on the platform. The train station is just outside the walls, the bus within the walls.

https://www.discovertuscany.com/lucca/

Edited: 19 November 2017, 18:21
Mentioned in this post
Florence
Florence
Lucca
Lucca
Province of Lucca, Italy
Milano
Level Contributor
270 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pisa Advice!

In one day you can get just a sense of Florence, however it would be nice . You can wander in the historical center (ponte vecchio, palazzo vecchio visit a few churches) and have some romantic time in giardino di Bonolis. Having said that I think that it’s a waste of time to spend one entire day in Pisa when you can visit piazza dei miracoli in just half a day. May be you could spend the night in Florence rather than In Pisa and have more time for it.

Mentioned in this post
Florence
Florence
Pisa
Pisa
Province of Pisa, Italy
South East England...
Level Contributor
5,200 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pisa Advice!

Another vote for the wonderful small, walled city of Lucca.

mesh

Mentioned in this post
Lucca
Lucca
Province of Lucca, Italy
Milano
Level Contributor
270 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pisa Advice!

Lucca is an option too. I would not spend the night in Pisa