We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train to Pisa fm Firenze SMN

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
136 posts
28 reviews
Train to Pisa fm Firenze SMN

We will be arriving from Rome to Florence @10 am. Then we plan to visit Pisa the same day and in the evening return back to Florence. So I was wondering which train station would be easier to get down @ Pisa.

Should we get tickets to Pisa Centrale or Pisa Rossore?......I saw in the map that Pisa Rossore is closer to the Pisa tower.

Setubal, Portugal
Level Contributor
166 posts
37 reviews
1. Re: Train to Pisa fm Firenze SMN

in case you haven't been looking around other posts, seems like everyone suggests Pisa Centrale, because not all trains from Florence go through Pisa Rossore, so you'd have to wait for a regional train for the connection... so... why not stroll down those old streets and, i believe, even cross the river on one of those old bridges!

some people say you can take a bus, or even a taxi, of course, if health or time issues are to be concerned.

We are visiting in september and cannot wait!!

GAC
Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
8,831 posts
23 reviews
2. Re: Train to Pisa fm Firenze SMN

Have you considered the following itinerary, which would be more intuitive, direct, provide more variety of scenery, and be less stressful:

1. Roma Termini to Pisa Centrale by direct Frecciabianca train (via coastal route);

2. Store luggage at Pisa Centrale;

3. Visit Pisa;

4. Retrieve stored luggage at Pisa Centrale;

5. Pisa Centrale to Florence SMN by unreserved regionale train

3. Re: Train to Pisa fm Firenze SMN

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2013, 12:15