We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Child Ticket to the Leaning Tower of Pisa

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
106 posts
8 reviews
Child Ticket to the Leaning Tower of Pisa

Hello,

Our family if three (2 adults and one 8 years old child ) planning a visit the Leaning Tower of Pisa. We would like to purchase tickets in advance. I understand that children under age of 10 are free. Do we still need to reserve a spot for the child? My concern is if the number of people entering the tower at one time is limited and we have only two tickets.

Thank you.

Ocean City, MD
Level Contributor
12,665 posts
8 reviews
1. Re: Child Ticket to the Leaning Tower of Pisa

According to their website "Free entrance for children under the age of 10 accompanied by adults, excluding the bell tower."

opapisa.it/en/…tickets.html

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
106 posts
8 reviews
2. Re: Child Ticket to the Leaning Tower of Pisa

I understand that the child is free. My concern is that I am going to have two tickets and 3 people. Do I need to reserve a spot for the child as well?

Thank you

Ocean City, MD
Level Contributor
12,665 posts
8 reviews
3. Re: Child Ticket to the Leaning Tower of Pisa

I might be wrong, but I'm reading - excluding the bell tower - to mean the children need a paid ticket.

The Duomo, Baptistery, etc. would be free.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
106 posts
8 reviews
4. Re: Child Ticket to the Leaning Tower of Pisa

Thank you for the responses. Yes, it seems that I have to pay for the child to go up the tower.

Thank you again.

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
18 posts
19 reviews
5. Re: Child Ticket to the Leaning Tower of Pisa

Did you go? I heard children are not allowed in the bell tower?

Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Level Contributor
8,670 posts
68 reviews
6. Re: Child Ticket to the Leaning Tower of Pisa

Children aged 8 and over are allowed up the tower, but you do need to buy them a ticket.

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,961 posts
15 reviews
7. Re: Child Ticket to the Leaning Tower of Pisa

We have just come back from Pisa and we had to pay full price for our 8 year old to climb the leaning tower.

8. Re: Child Ticket to the Leaning Tower of Pisa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2013, 17:16