We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stay at a wineyard

sthlm
7 posts
Save Topic
Stay at a wineyard

Hi,

Im will spend two days in the area of Siena/San Gimignano in July and are trying to work out my plan.

I will drive down to Siena from Pisa via the coast and stay one night in Siena. For the next day i plan to drive via Chianti area to poggobonsi and on to sam gimignano area. I then need to get to pisa the next day and are now trying to work otu accomodation around San Gimignano and would like to stay at a wine yard. Anyone know if this is possible and can recommend a nice one?

Dorchester, United...
Level Contributor
73 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stay at a wineyard

One, most beautiful and stunning option would be Castle Pietraio where my family spent a very memorable week a few years ago. Accomodation in Castle, near Monteriggioni with great views and estate wine tasting.

http://www.castelpietraio.it/home_gb.htm

Mason City, Iowa
Level Contributor
2,633 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stay at a wineyard

I would suggest Hotel Sovestro. It's 2 km outside of San Gimignano (on road to Pogibonsi) and it's set amongst vineyards and olive groves. It's a very relaxing oasis. The pool is awesome and the people that run the hotel are very accomodating. The restaurant there (da Pode) has some of the finest food in the area.

Mason City, Iowa
Level Contributor
2,633 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stay at a wineyard

Another note...I would forego Poggibonsi. It's one town that truly does not fit in Tuscany. We go to the Pam store there, but other than driving through, that's all it offers.

4. Re: Stay at a wineyard

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 December 2009, 13:19