We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Public transport day trips from Siena

Newcastle
Level Contributor
26 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Public transport day trips from Siena

Hoping to visit San Gimignano and at least one other place by bus from Siena . Can I , and do I need to, pre book bus tickets ? Or just buy them on the day - if so, on the bus or from an office ?

Mentioned in this post
San Gimignano
San Gimignano
Province of Siena, Italy
Siena
Siena
Province of Siena, Italy
4 replies to this topic
Melbourne...
Level Contributor
45 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Public transport day trips from Siena

On the day. Stayed in Siena twice and travelled around Tuscany by bus twice, bought tickets on the day both times. We had no major issues but I know the buses to some smaller towns are infrequent and random. Told that by locals and met fellow travellers who got stranded somehow and had to pay top dollar for a taxi back to Siena. Wil be back in four weeks time, are thinking about doing the trip to San Gimignano. Will be interested in how you go.

Mentioned in this post
Siena
Siena
Province of Siena, Italy
San Gimignano
San Gimignano
Province of Siena, Italy
Newcastle
Level Contributor
26 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Public transport day trips from Siena

Thank you - will let you know ! If I forget just message me in this thread .

Newcastle
Level Contributor
26 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Public transport day trips from Siena

We managed trips to both San Gimignano and Monteriggioni by bus. Here is a link to the English version for bus schedules https://www.busfox.com/timetable/… We caught approx 8.20 to San Gim, returning on the 2.38. Probably would have caught the 10.20 instead, but it was cold and wet so we ran out of enthusiasm! Monteriggioni is tiny, we caught the 12.10 there and the 2.30 back. Still plenty long enough as again very cold and wet day. Plan your times carefully as no return busesin the middle of the day .

Mentioned in this post
San Gimignano
San Gimignano
Province of Siena, Italy
Monteriggioni
Monteriggioni
Province of Siena, Italy
Melbourne...
Level Contributor
45 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Public transport day trips from Siena

Thank you, that info helps our planning heaps.

Reply to: Public transport day trips from Siena
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted