We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2nights/3days in Siena

Columbus, Ohio
8 posts
2nights/3days in Siena

Good day!

On the 24 October - 26 October (Possible the 27th, but we have an 10am flight back home), we will be in Siena. We will be taking the train from Florence and taking it the train back.

My question is, do I need to rent a car to see the beautiful landscape of Siena and the neighboring cities, such as the Chianti region, Perugia, Montepulciano? Or would i be better off doing the individual tours to do that?

Is there any events/festivals happening within the vicinity the I can check out?

Thank you!

Andrew

Edited: 25 May 2018, 22:11
4 replies to this topic
California
Level Contributor
12,608 posts
56 reviews
1. Re: 2nights/3days in Siena

....are you thinking of sleeping 3 nights in Siena - 24, 25, 26? and flying out of Florence on the 27th at 10am?

Firstly, you will wish to be in your departure city the night before, so it seems then you have 2 nights for Siena, which will not be 3 days there but 1.5-2 days - the afternoon of the 24, a full day on the 25, the morning of the 26th and then back to Florence for the afternoon/evening, fly out next day.

Siena will easily take up 1.5 days/2 nights; I would not go through the hassle of renting a car and if you must take day trips (where's the time?), I would go on a tour--a quick google search will give you information about festivals during October in Tuscany. Here is one I found: https:/…october-events-in-tuscany.html

Columbus, Ohio
8 posts
2. Re: 2nights/3days in Siena

Chester,

This is very helpful. Thank you very much!

Andrew

California
Level Contributor
12,608 posts
56 reviews
3. Re: 2nights/3days in Siena

You're welcome Andrew....have a great time!

Montepulciano, Italy
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
Level Contributor
8,998 posts
7 reviews
4. Re: 2nights/3days in Siena

To answer your specific question, yes, you must hire a car to explore the countryside and surrounding villages for it's the best way to do it as well as, really and truly speaking, the only way to do it. With such limited time though - bearing in mind you'll want to assign one full day to seeing Siena - I fear you will have to chose between the Chianti or Southern Tuscany, ie Montepulciano, Pienza, etc. Perugia, which is in Umbria, is a lot further afield and not the easiest place to visit as the suburbs are sprawly, the traffic bad and it's tricky (and slow) getting in and out of.

Reply to: 2nights/3days in Siena
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted