We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from Assisi to Siena on 26 Nov 2016

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Bus from Assisi to Siena on 26 Nov 2016

Hi. Is there is a regular bus from Assisi to Siena in Nov 2016? If so, pls provide the link for the schedule and bus fare? Thank you.

9 replies to this topic
Sarzana, Italy
Level Contributor
336 posts
389 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus from Assisi to Siena on 26 Nov 2016

Hi almglobal, I did not find good solutions by bus, but I rather suggest to check the option by train suing www.trenitalia.com

It's more o less 4 hour trip.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
31,062 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus from Assisi to Siena on 26 Nov 2016

Buses operate Assisi to Perugia www.umbriamoblita.it Perugia to Siena www.sena.it

Sarzana, Italy
Level Contributor
336 posts
389 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus from Assisi to Siena on 26 Nov 2016

Hi Nurioopta,

I also found sena.it in Google, but when I tried to buy a ticket the site told that there are no solutions for this trip.

Did you use it?

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus from Assisi to Siena on 26 Nov 2016

Hi.

I found a direct bus from S.Maria Degli Angeli to Siena on Gruppo Baltour website for 9 euros per person.

The bus departs S.Maria Degli Angeli at 10:15am and arrive Siena at 12:32pm.

Has anyone tried this bus route? Do you know where in Siena does the bus stops?

I understand that S.Maria Degli Angeli is a church in Assisi, right?

Thanks.

Sarzana, Italy
Level Contributor
336 posts
389 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus from Assisi to Siena on 26 Nov 2016

Hi - S.Maria Degli Angeli is in Assisi.

But I still cannot find the ticket using Baltour...

Level Contributor
2,456 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus from Assisi to Siena on 26 Nov 2016

Santa Maria degli Angeli is a small town downhill, anyway not too far from Assisi, you can walk down to it, or bettere there is a bus connnection between the two places, quite frequent also because Assisi train station is actually downhill in Santa Maria degli Angeli.

Anyway yes, this small town does take his name from a sanctuary , the so-called "Santa Maria degli Angeli in Porziuncola": it's not just "a church", is one of the most important sites to visit in Assisi!

This is the place Francis loved the most. The small church inside the bigger and more recent sanctuary (with the big dome), the Porziuncola, it's the very center of the Franciscan order, where Francis took his first big meeting with his companions, and where he died, singing and blessing the good town of Assisi, that he could barely see uphill, having become almost totally blind (you can see the place of his death in the chapel of the "Transito" inside the church).

In the close cloisters, there are two interesting places: first, the roses' bush where Francis "throwed" himself, when he was tempted against chastity, to resist to the temptation through the spines; and also a statue of Francis where there are real doves that made this statue their nest. I don't know if they are still there, may be the friars have replaced them with new ones, who knows! ;-)

A curiosity: the spanish franciscan friars that founded most of the modern cities in California (and also in Texas, like San Antonio) named Los Angeles after this sanctuary, Santa Maria degli Angeli (Saint Mary of the Angels) in spanish sounds Santa Maria de Los Angeles.

--------

Beside that, sorry I can't give advices on the Assisi - Siena connection, I've never took it

Edited: 26 October 2016, 22:37
Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bus from Assisi to Siena on 26 Nov 2016

Thanks David for the great info on S. Maria degli Angeli and Assisi in general. I look forward to our visit there next month.

Grigio, this is the link that I saw, hope it works...https://boa.busbookingline.it/web/eurolines/application/booking/seekBookingFrame.php?PHPSESSID=thppdcltgsd7dmi5ragr9e9v95&tipoViaggio=CS&day_start=10/26/2016&partenzaDal=26/10/2016&day_end=&ritornoDal=&passeggeri=1&cittaPartenzaDesc=assisi&cittaArrivoDesc=siena&linguaggio=en_EN

On the Departure, Country is Italia. Location: change to S.Maria Delgi Ageli using the drop down menu.

On the Destination, Region is Toscana (drop down menu). Location: change to Siena drop down menu.

Click on search trip solutions button.

It will show you the dates, schedule and ticket price.

Let me know if it works.

Thanks.

Sarzana, Italy
Level Contributor
336 posts
389 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bus from Assisi to Siena on 26 Nov 2016

Finally I got it!

Ok, starting point in S.Maria Degli Angeli, 53 Los Angeles street; arrival location in Siena is the train station.

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bus from Assisi to Siena on 26 Nov 2016

Hi Grigio. I am glad you figured it out. When are you going to Siena?

The bus ticket that I plan to buy shows 9HS on it. The description is in Italian:

LOWCOST 9HS: Riduzione obbligatoria a variazione assoluta di 9.00. Applicabile fra 1 e 4 sul numero di prenotazioni della partenza.

Do you know what that means? I think the regular fare is 19 euros one way.

Thanks.

Reply to: Bus from Assisi to Siena on 26 Nov 2016
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted