We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need Advice re. Engelberg to Titlis

Which Engelberg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Malta
Level Contributor
30 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Need Advice re. Engelberg to Titlis

Hi.I need some advice re. a possible trip up Mt. titlis from Engelberg. I appreciate any help about any of the following:

1. Is engelberg reachable from Lucerne?

2. I was checking Titlis website and prices from Engelberg to Titlis is listed as 86CHF whilst on Swiss Transport System website it is listed as 96CHF.Is there any difference between the two trips?

3. I was thinking of possibly booking a candlelight dinner atop Mt. Titlis (since price is 86CHF),However,cable car to Engelberg descends at 11.00. Is this too late to get a bus back to Lucerne? Do you think it's worth it?

Pls. Pls. I really need some advice as I m afraid of getting either stranded or ripped off!Thanks!

Luxembourg
Level Contributor
5,379 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need Advice re. Engelberg to Titlis

I suggest you go to the Tourist Office at the Lucerne railway station for assistance.

Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
Level Contributor
13,697 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need Advice re. Engelberg to Titlis

There are no buses from Engelberg to Lucerne. Only trains.

Goldau, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Lucerne, Zug, Brunnen
Level Contributor
12,930 posts
277 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need Advice re. Engelberg to Titlis

Read the answers on you other post.

pore

Malta
Level Contributor
30 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need Advice re. Engelberg to Titlis

Thank you everyone! :) Very useful posts! Ready to help anytime if you intend to visit my island in the future ;)

5. Re: Need Advice re. Engelberg to Titlis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 October 2012, 14:17
Get answers to your questions about Engelberg