We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travel from Neuchatel,Switzerland to Algarve,Portugal

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
23 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
travel from Neuchatel,Switzerland to Algarve,Portugal

My husband and I don't want to rent a car when we leave Neuchatel (visiting a friend) and travel to the Algarve. We'd prefer train, bus or even an interior flight. Any advice?

Mentioned in this post
Algarve
Algarve
Portugal
switzerland
Level Contributor
292 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: travel from Neuchatel,Switzerland to Algarve,Portugal

are you aware of how far apart switzerland and portugal are? i'd definately fly, unless of course you want to have a european roadtrip.

Basel, Switzerland
Level Contributor
393 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: travel from Neuchatel,Switzerland to Algarve,Portugal

How much time do you have for this trip? What is your budget? If you had a lot of time, I would definitely take the train along the south of France, at least part of the way. This really is a very long trip though.

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
23 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: travel from Neuchatel,Switzerland to Algarve,Portugal

We're flying into Paris on Mar. 18 and out of Lisbon on Apr. 22nd -- 5 weeks; we plan on staying in France and Switzerland for 2 weeks, and probably have 3 days or so to get to the Algarve. We wondered if we should simply glook for a flight from Basel(?) to Lisbon, and train the rest of the way. Any comments?

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Lisbon
Lisbon
Lisbon District, Portugal
Algarve
Algarve
Portugal
4. Re: travel from Neuchatel,Switzerland to Algarve,Portugal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2009, 18:33
Get answers to your questions about Neuchatel