We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chateau de Grandson???

Singapore
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Topic
Chateau de Grandson???

Anyone can advise whether I can walk to Chateau de Grandson from Neuchatel train station? I've tried hunting in http://www.neuchateltourisme.ch but can't see to find any infos on whether I can walk to the castle. The only clue I can get is that it is situated near the lake.

Sad thing is that the castle website are not in English too.

http://www.chateau-grandson.ch/

My friend who is travelling with me to Switzerland wanted very much to see the vintage Rolls Royce. Are there any other nice places to visit besides the Castle, the lake & the vintage cars?

Basel / Switzerland
Level Contributor
2,718 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chateau de Grandson???

Theoretically you can walk. The distance is 32 Km.

Chateau de Grandson is situated much closer to Yverdon than to Neuchatel.

I would use the public transport system. Train/bus.

Garmisch-Partenkirch...
Destination Expert
for Montreux, Oberammergau, Garmisch-Partenkirchen
Level Contributor
13,279 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chateau de Grandson???

Hi hikosencara,

The Chateau is actually in the town of Grandson, at the other end of the lake from Neuchatel. You would just take the train to Grandson --

I haven't ever been to the castle, but if you go to google maps and enter "Chateau de Grandon," it will pinpoint it for you. Look like it's right in town.

I just did a "from here" "to Grandson bahnhof" at google maps, and it's about half a km.

Have fun!

s

Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
Level Contributor
14,308 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Chateau de Grandson???

The post buses from Yverdon to Grandson stop righ at the Chateau - it is the next stop after the station.

www.rail.ch

To: Grandson, Place de chateau

Schwyz, Switzerland
Level Contributor
7,115 posts
524 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chateau de Grandson???

English website for Grandson castle

babelfish.yahoo.com/translate_url…

…isyours.com/e/…grandsoncastle.html

On this site you will find lots of informations

Singapore
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Chateau de Grandson???

Thanks guys for the help.

After going through all the infos provided by you guys, this place seems to be easily accessible & interesting but unpopular as compared to Chillion.

My friend is awfully crazy about vintage cars. Hope this visit is really worthwhile.

Schwyz, Switzerland
Level Contributor
7,115 posts
524 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Chateau de Grandson???

I never was in Grandson,but did( in opposition to many others) not like Chillon. Its impressif as building, but I did not find the exhibits were great

7. Re: Chateau de Grandson???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 February 2010, 16:21
Get answers to your questions about Neuchatel