We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Uber and tipping.

u.k
Level Contributor
1,123 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Uber and tipping.

I have never used Uber before but plan on doing so at the airport. Is it normal to tip the driver?

4 replies to this topic
Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
14,459 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Uber and tipping.

I thought the whole concept of UBER was to pay in advance and no money changes hands between driver and passenger..but from what I have heard tipping has come into play and they certainly will not turn it down. we have some hardcore uber users on this forum. lets wait for them to chime in.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
8,716 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Uber and tipping.

The Uber app now gives you the opportunity to add a tip via the app after the ride. I usually add €2 or €3 cuz i save so much € vs a taxi and hassle vs public trans. One can also just give the driver cash. In either case most drivers are very appreciative. I don't know what most people do.

Boston
Level Contributor
82 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Uber and tipping.

You tip through the app ( if you want) but the driver does not know if you did so as it is annonymous. UberX from the airport to the city center costs about 29-39 EUR and there is a specific area where you can meet the driver which was close to the exit (B in arrivals) but not marked by the airport. Uver is amazing and I highly reccomend

Haarlem, The...
Level Contributor
1,829 posts
333 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Uber and tipping.

Yes, the main idea is that Uber is cashless, you pay through the app and after your ride the app will ask if you want to tip and rate the driver.

Reply to: Uber and tipping.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted