We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions for a quiet,romantic anniversary dinner.

Montville, New...
Level Contributor
60 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Suggestions for a quiet,romantic anniversary dinner.

My husband and I will be celebrating our anniversary in May. We are in our late 50's and are looking for a quiet, romantic restaurant. If there was a canal view it would be an added plus.

Any ideas? We are willing to spend but do not want to take out a 2nd mortgage.

Thank you

Sackville
Level Contributor
374 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestions for a quiet,romantic anniversary dinner.

Central to the Centrum, lovely views and food.

De Belhamel may meet your expectations...

Happy anniversary!

http://www.belhamel.nl/index.php?lang=en

London, United...
Level Contributor
729 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggestions for a quiet,romantic anniversary dinner.

There is a restaurant at the junction of Leidsegracht and Prisengracht, called Casa Peru, that has a great canal view. In the evening, with the bridge and street lights on, the view is picture postcard lovely.

Now, the food is Peruvian so I'm not sure if that is to everybody's taste but when I ate there, I thoroughly enjoyed my meal.

If you do decide to eat there, make sure that you book a table by the window if you want to get the canal view. Even if you don't eat there, take an evening stroll along that stretch of two canals, you won't be disappointed with the beautiful view or maybe have a drink at Café de Pieper on the other side of Prisengracht. It's a lovely, cosy old brown cafe.

www.casaperu.nl

Edited: 29 February 2012, 21:44
Port Townsend...
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park, Port Townsend
Level Contributor
10,095 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggestions for a quiet,romantic anniversary dinner.

Re: Casa Peru

And upstairs is my favorite apartment in all the world.

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
389 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Suggestions for a quiet,romantic anniversary dinner.

http://www.restaurantred.nl/eng/index.html

Only does steak and lobster, really lovely, romantic restaurant on a beautiful canal. Last visit, had homemade bread and olive oil, 2 x half lobster,2 x fillet steak , bottle of bubbly and water, total bill less than €100. This is my fav place in Amsterdam, check out the reviews ( I recently left one)

London, United...
Level Contributor
729 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Suggestions for a quiet,romantic anniversary dinner.

Pala32, does the wooden staircase, that is on the Prinsengracht side of Casa Peru's entrance, lead up to the entrance to that apartment? I've taken loads of photos from those stairs and had my photo taken on those stairs. It does look very nice from the outside, especially when the flowers are in bloom.

Port Townsend...
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park, Port Townsend
Level Contributor
10,095 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Suggestions for a quiet,romantic anniversary dinner.

I stretched the truth a bit. The apartment is really in the next building on Prinsengracht with the small balcony above the square, boxed bay window. I like to see folks on those stairs, enjoying "our neighborhood".

http://g.co/maps/g2adt

Wake Forest, North...
Level Contributor
249 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Suggestions for a quiet,romantic anniversary dinner.

Hello; If you haven't picked a restaurant yet, I would like to recommend De Utrechtsedwarstafel. It does not have a canal view but the dinner will be amazing and as romantic as you'd like. This is run by two men who combine preset dishes matched some of the very best wines. We have been here on two different trips and thoroughly enjoy our visits. Have fun.

utrechtsedwarstafel.com

8. Re: Suggestions for a quiet,romantic anniversary dinner.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 05:16