We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hire a car with driver for a day

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sacramento, CA
Level Contributor
13 posts
88 reviews
Save Topic
Hire a car with driver for a day

We will be 4 who want to visit places from our past on April 15, Monday. Pick up at hotel and return to river boat both in Amsterdam. Hope to see Epe, Hunebedden, back to 2 addresses in Den Hague. plus anything else we pass on the way. Any suggestions who to hire or where to look? We figure we have 8 hours.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
36,118 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hire a car with driver for a day

That is a lot of Km's in a day, around 550 to be exact and about 6 hours driving without taking stops or traffic into account so it might be prudent to rethink this.

Also it would be very expensive. I would say around €500 to €600 at least. You will need a large car or mini van.

Amsterdam
Level Contributor
863 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hire a car with driver for a day

Hell, for €600 I'd buy a peaked cap, hire a Green Wheels and take you myself. You can get five into one of their Peugeot 207 station wagons (https:/…Onze-auto-s).

Sorry, I don't have any real information for you, but if I Google "chauffeur drive Amsterdam" I get quite a few promising matches.

Sacramento, CA
Level Contributor
13 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hire a car with driver for a day

Thanks for your input. We have revised our day trip to just go to the Hague and Wassenaar. We thought we could take the train from Amsterdam but how to get around when we arrive? Is there a tram? Buses? Taxi?

Sacramento, CA
Level Contributor
13 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hire a car with driver for a day

Very tempting to take you up on starting your new career- but we are now just training to The HAgue. Thank you for your input.

California
Level Contributor
53 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hire a car with driver for a day

We used this company for a two-day tour for four people last spring and were very pleased with our driver/guide and the company. You can set your own itinerary if desired: http://www.holland-is.com/ They'll be able to tell you if your plans are doable and their rates were reasonable.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
36,118 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hire a car with driver for a day

use www.9292ov.nl/en as a journey planner. Direct trains to Den Haag. Just put your hotel address in and Den Haag station as your end point. I think Wassenaar from Den Haag is a bus ride.

The planner is pretty easy to use

Kerkdriel
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hire a car with driver for a day

Thank you for your recommendation of www.holland-is.com!

Since recently we have our own page on TripAdvisor.

Would appreciate it if you would like to leave a review and maybe upload some pictures.

tripadvisor.nl/Attraction_Review-g3861185-d3…

Regards, Stefka

Edited: 26 March 2013, 22:55
Sacramento, CA
Level Contributor
13 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hire a car with driver for a day

Thank you all- we are looking forward to our trip. Now if only it would warm up a little so the flowers will be in bloom.

9. Re: Hire a car with driver for a day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 April 2014, 14:16