We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Leiden Next Week

14 posts
Save Topic
Leiden Next Week

I will be traveling to Leiden for work on April 25th and returning May 2nd. My first time ever to Europe!!! I want to get the most out of this trip. Thankfully I have two free days, which are the 26th and 27th. I'm lucky I'll be there during King's Day. I plan on going to Amsterdam on King's Day Sunday the 27th. What are the must do's around nearby cities, especially in Amsterdam. Main things on my list are the Anne Frank House, A couple of Museums, ‘I Amsterdam’ sign and the flower market. I'd like to take off first thing in the morning and explore the city. Can someone help me with arranging things that are nearby together? I know the canal's in Amsterdam is another must do. Are there any tours that I can take?

What are your suggestions for Sunday the 26th. Any nearby cities that I can easily reach by train.

I will explore Leiden from Tues-Friday while I am in the city for work. I'd love to here suggestions of things to do in Leiden as well :)

Also, I'd love to hear things to "watch for" and the "DO NOT DO" list. I'm a female in my late 20s and like I mentioned, this is my first time in Europe. I've traveled to South America quiet a bit, but never to this side of the world.

Thank you in advance!!!

The Netherlands
Level Contributor
1,110 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Leiden Next Week

For during your week in Leiden - rent a bike and ride in the evening to the flower fields between Sassenheim and Lisse. (about 1 hour one way) It is peak blooming spring season and you can see tulips in the fields.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
480 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Leiden Next Week

Kingsday in Amsterdam is certainly not a day to do all the tourist things. You better post on THE Amsterdam forum or have a look at all the onder post with the search

London, United...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Leiden Next Week

Cycling from Leiden to Keunkenhof Garden might be am option Also, in Leiden, visit the Volkenkunde Museum

Also, visit Haarlem - 20 minutes by train from Leiden

I'm travelling to Holland on Thursday for days and I can't wait!! I'm planning to cycle from Leiden to Haarlem stopping at Keukenhof Gardens for a couple of hours

Still have questions?Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question
Level Contributor
44 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Leiden Next Week

I would strongly recommend bunking off work as early as possible and spending the evening chilling out on one of the 'barge' terraces in front of Annie's or Einstein cafe. Leiden is stunning. Enjoy. Check out the natural history museum in Leiden too, well worth a vist.

5. Re: Leiden Next Week

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 May 2016, 15:15