We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where do locals hang out? Local recommendations things todo

San Juan, Puerto...
10 posts
Save Topic
Where do locals hang out? Local recommendations things todo

Hi Everyone,

My name is Michelle, and I am visiting Holland June 20th. I am planning to visit Leiden as part of my trip and I am having trouble finding information on local places and things to do that are not the traditional tourist trap activities.

I am 26 years old and Im planning to visit with my son and 23 year old. We are essentially looking for trendy spots where young locals go and fun things to do around the city. Cool places to eat like locals as well.

Any suggestions on safe local activities and places to visit in Leiden?

Thanks,

Mentioned in this post
Leiden
Leiden
South Holland Province, The Netherlands
Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
16,943 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Where do locals hang out? Local recommendations things todo

So how many days do you actually have in the Netherlands? You say you are visiting on the 20th but you already posted about 4 cities. I hope you are not trying to cram them all into one day?

For Leiden, Delft etc, you can also use that IENS.NL website for restaurant reviews.

And Leiden, Delft and Utrecht are perfect for just strolling around without much of a plan, and bumping into cool cafes and shops and galleries as you go. So just follow your nose (and the locals).

Edited: 17 June 2015, 00:59
Mentioned in this post
Leiden
Leiden
Delft
Delft
Utrecht
Utrecht
Utrecht Province, The Netherlands
Leiden, The...
Level Contributor
168 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where do locals hang out? Local recommendations things todo

Leiden is full of students, so you will have no problem finding places with young people. If the weather is good, i would recommend a sidewalk café like 'Annies verjaardag', 'einstein' or 'van der werff'. You will find all the locals there. With bad weather, you can visit the famous natural museum called Naturalis, the ancient museum (museum van Oudheden), or the museum of ethnology (volkenkunde).

Mentioned in this post
Leiden
Leiden
San Juan, Puerto...
10 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Where do locals hang out? Local recommendations things todo

Thank you both!

4. Re: Where do locals hang out? Local recommendations things todo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 February 2018, 03:18