We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Monday morning in Leiden

Southern California
Level Contributor
497 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Monday morning in Leiden

Our visit to Leiden falls on a Monday morning. Are the museum close on a Monday. We plan to walk around visit the Wall of Poems, Hortus Botanicus where first tulips in NL where planted. Any other recommendation where we can find historical significance during our visit? Any recommendation for a good though at a reasonable prices for lunch in Leiden?

Mentioned in this post
Leiden
Leiden
South Holland Province, The Netherlands
Hortus
Hortus
151 Reviews
The Hague, The Netherlands
Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
16,943 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Monday morning in Leiden

So you expect us to google the opening hours of all Leiden museums for you?

"Any other recommendation where we can find historical significance during our visit? "

Have a look here. http://portal.leiden.nl/en/homepage

"Any recommendation for a good though at a reasonable prices for lunch in Leiden?"

Bagels and Beans: http://tinyurl.com/nnzvppw

Jacketz: http://www.jacketz.nl/en/

Mentioned in this post
Leiden
Leiden
Jacketz
Jacketz
2,183 Reviews
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
495 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Monday morning in Leiden

Well you have to look them up for yourself. I know that Naturalis is open, but I think the rest will be closed. A mondaymorning in a smaller city is not exactly fun. Nearly everything including shops and restaurants wil be closed. Maybe the Pieterskerk with the monument for the Pilgrimfathers is open

Mentioned in this post
Pieterskerk Leiden
Pieterskerk Leiden
185 Reviews
Leiden, The Netherlands
Southern California
Level Contributor
497 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Monday morning in Leiden

haha, Cecilia I did googled but not sure with what I surfed. I'm addressing the question to the people who lived in Leiden and maybe familiar with these museums. Anyway, thanks for the links, didn't expect to meet you also in Leiden forum. i know you can't resist of being helpful, sometimes tourists like us get spoiled too with freebies. When you visit your uncle in San Diego, I hope to reciprocate and give you places that are not mentioned on TA things to do. Will email you my online address on your website.

Thanks Rieto, at least we can visit Pieterskerk too. Leiden is a very historical place during the time of Prince William of Orange.

Edited: 18 August 2015, 22:25
Mentioned in this post
Leiden
Leiden
Pieterskerk Leiden
Pieterskerk Leiden
185 Reviews
Leiden, The Netherlands
K K
Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
3,774 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Monday morning in Leiden

tripadvisor.com/…66725160

The local Waezk already gave you a detailed answer. Maybe you were not satisfied !

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
495 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Monday morning in Leiden

Well I am a bit familiair with the town. Leiden University, the oldest in the country, is my Alma Mater. But opening times are constantly changing, because a lot of the lesser known museums are mostly visited by Dutch. So their opening times change with the school holidays. And for William of Orange you have to be in Delft.

Mentioned in this post
Leiden
Leiden
Delft
Delft
Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
495 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Monday morning in Leiden

Oh and this very nice museum is closed at the moment.

rmo.nl/english/…museum-temporarily-closed

Southern California
Level Contributor
497 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Monday morning in Leiden

I was satisfied with that answer from Waesk, I was looking for that post on this forum and forgot that it was logged on Hague. I didn't refer to all my threads. Anyway, thanks for referring to it again.

Mentioned in this post
The Hague
The Hague
8. Re: Monday morning in Leiden

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 November 2017, 00:15